Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home the other night, and since it was after a gig, i was exhausted. i decided to pull over and take a little nap.

I awoke to a clicking noise coming from the steering wheel area. I tried to start the car and it didn't even turn over. Turns out i left the lights on (when i turned the knob to off, the clicking stopped)

AAA came and jumped the battery, and made me swear to keep the engine running for at least 30 minutes. Since i still had an hour to drive, so no big deal. After I was on the road for 10 minutes, i went to turn the radio on, and while the radio/CD player seemed to work, no sound was coming out of the speakers.

Does the radio have a different fuse than the speakers? could the jump have ruined something in the speaker wiring without messing anything else up?

I'd had no battery trouble or speaker trouble before that. it was also a relatively new battery.

thanks in advance,

JoAnna

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
let me guess, your radio has 'code' on the display... :rolleyes:

I assume you don't have the security code for the radio, huh?
check and see if there is a sticker in the glove box, or check your paperwork if bought new - otherwise check with honda owners link (https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com) and get the code there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it's not the radio code...

>>> let me guess, your radio has 'code' on the display... :rolleyes:

Nope, the radio appears to be working just fine, but there's just no sound coming out of the speakers

>>> I assume you don't have the security code for the radio, huh?

Well, in fact, the radio DID need the code entered, but I have the radio code programmed into my cellphone (all important numbers go in there under fake names, LOL) and entered it, and that's when i realized something was wrong.

thanks for the advice about finding it tho. I think one of the best parts about these forums is that the data is picked up by google/search engines and anyone searching can look it up later. That's how i found this forum!

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
So you're saying pretty much what your first message said, wow. :) I've been hangin' around too long to jump the gun that far, sorry. Too use to people missing the obvious I guess. :oops:

It sounds like the power to the amp is missing - that would explain the whole problem you're seeing. I'll dig up the actual fuse when I get back home and let you know.

I would imagine it's going to be one of the fuses BigAl posted though, have you checked those?

I assume none of the radio functions play any sound - radio, cd, aux ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
BigAl205 is the BigWinner! Fuse #7 was blown!

Bravo to Big Al! He was right, it was Fuse #7 under the steering wheel area.
(yellow, 20)

Why is that blasted fuse box hidden away in such an uncomfortable, inaccessible place?
And why is it impossible to take off that plastic panel entirely?

:-* Smooch! :-* thanks Big Al!

And thanks to everyone else who chimed in.

http://ChefJoAnna.com/blogimg/chefmobile.jpg
Tunes are cranking in the chefmobile again!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Glad that you got your problem solved.....also, nice to meet another chef on this forum, and I went to AICA-San Diego!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My battery died and all I have is no power...no code. Checked fuses and they are ok. Any ideas? Dealer says they need to pull radio and it will cost $350!!

·
Registered
663 Posts
Dealer says they need to pull radio and it will cost $350!!
Only if they can't otherwise find the radio code.

They need the radio code to make it work again after replacing the battery.

$350 is a total rip off!

Do you have the owners manual? It will tell you where to find the serial number on the radio and from there you go to Honda's website and can get the radio code for FREE.

Yes, the radio MAY need to come out to get the serial number, but $350 for that is highway robbery IMHO.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2007 Honda civic lx 2 dr coupe car has 6 speakers right side is out and rear is out only speaker that works is drivers door speaker

1 - 15 of 15 Posts