Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received an update today from my dealer via e-mail letting me know that my EX AWD 5 speed manual tranny had been put on this March order and they expect delivery by late May. I am keeping my fingers crossed. :D

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote:84f283ea4e="Hawaiian E"]Thats news, next time my dealer calls me and checks up on my E, im going to ask him about the 5-spd AWD...[/quote:84f283ea4e]

I had wanted to make sure my dealer didn't have any problems putting the order in along with the rest of his orders so I e-mailed him to ask him about it. This is the internet manager I am referring to and it is my understanding that he puts in orders for other vehicles as well and mine just happens to be on the list. I was wondering if he had heard anything from Honda at all regarding my specific order on the 5 speed EX AWD.

He seems like he has been straightforward with me so far and I have no reason to believe that it won't arrive when he says unless Honda has some reason for not doing so. After all production is supposed to begin in May on this vehicle and hopefully it will arrive between by the end of May as he has indicated and or mid June. That is what I have been told and and am counting on.

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

·
Registered
46 Posts
[quote:2f173cdd7a="LittleDogBox"]I received an update today from my dealer via e-mail letting me know that my EX AWD 5 speed manual tranny had been put on this March order and they expect delivery by late May. I am keeping my fingers crossed. :D

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.[/quote:2f173cdd7a]

We just ordered yesterday for May builds...still no 4wd manual trans allocated. They only allowed us 1 2wd manual also. Make doubly sure hes telling you the truth, ok?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have decided that if it doesn't arrive around the time he specified then I am off to look elsewhere at a totally different vehicle.

I will probably check out the Ford Explorer even though payments would be tough and I know it doesn't have the reputation Honda has. Still no 5 speed but lots of room for the pups ( gas mileage of course is terrible.) The only other one probably is the Nissan Xterra for the price range I am looking for. I know I can get a 5 speed in that easy.

It is so dissapointing to hear these contradictions. If you aren't even allowed to put in your allocation till May then when do you expect to see a 5 speed?

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va. :?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It seems to me that there is just simply no communication whatsoever between dealers and HONDA reps. Why on earth would orders for the 5 speed manual not be allowed if the they are going to start producing them in May? ( thats the DATE I keep hearing and reading about ). There seems to be no logic here at all. Either they are going to build them or they are NOT. Why all the secrecy :?: What is the big deal :?: If they can build a 5 speed in the front wheel drive Elements for heavens sake then why can't it be put in all the AWD's as well :?: :roll:
I am getting totally frustrated again........I read on the homepage that it is indeed coming out in May and now I hear that Honda won't even allow your dealership to put in an order for one in May. :!:
I really adore this little vehicle but my patience is running out. I still have made up my mind try and hang in there at least until the end of May to perhaps hear some great revelation from the almighty HONDA .
It is hard to believe that I am the only one in the USA that has put down money on the 5 speed EX AWD and has been promised that it will make it's debut late May or mid June. Are all Honda dealers liars?

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I put in an order for a 5sp AWD EX this past week and my dealer says it will definately be here in May sometime. In a week or two he says he'll have the exact dates.

·
Registered
3 Posts
[quote:7744924d78="LittleDogBox"] Are all Honda dealers liars? [/quote:7744924d78]

if it was rosenthal honda....then definitely yes.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[quote:a4216b1752="phi"][quote:a4216b1752="LittleDogBox"] Are all Honda dealers liars? [/quote:a4216b1752]

if it was rosenthal honda....then definitely yes.[/quote:a4216b1752]

It wasn't Rosenthal. I have heard of their reputation as well.

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

·
Registered
46 Posts
[quote:9c1c906df9="LittleDogBox"]It seems to me that there is just simply no communication whatsoever between dealers and HONDA reps. Why on earth would orders for the 5 speed manual not be allowed if the they are going to start producing them in May?[/quote:9c1c906df9]

There is no set date as to when Honda is going to produce that variant of the Element. Even though they tell us on our allocations that the car will be available, if, as a dealer you cannot order it...then its NOT available. When WILL they build the car? anybodys guess at this point.
I am getting totally frustrated again
If you are in no hurry to have your car, then it shouldn't be an issue. If on the other hand, this is THE car for you and you WANT it yesterday, you might want to do a re-evaluation on this
Are all Honda dealers liars?
No..but some seem to make a habit out of it.

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.[/quote]

·
Registered
206 Posts
$14k for a 2WD 5 speed... is that good?

·
Registered
338 Posts
That's still good for a DX. I just saw one at lunch at my dealer (a DX) for 20,500. They put A/C in... and some little pitty acessory - maybe carpeting. I couldn't believe it was 20,500.

I read someone else say the same thing (about 20K DX), that's the first thing I thought of when I saw this one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
[quote:23d2cd8c33="purduealum91"]$14k for a 2WD 5 speed... is that good?[/quote:23d2cd8c33]

14K for a 5spd manual DX....is 1340 under invoice. I would find it hard to believe that a dealer will sell that car and take a abiut a 1000 loss on it. Does that

1 - 17 of 17 Posts