Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I know we have BoxCar here who is dealer, and he is awesome. I thought, & with inspiration from RML, it might help to set up a topic for Dealers...

Some have experienced long delivery times or worse with their vehicle coming in. Some of us have experienced lengthy waits on our accessories coming in. One person has inquiries about the New Element having problems.. which that was new to me, but... Perhaps our honored Dealers on this site might offer some insight on these problems or inquiries??

OK so BoxCars you are up.. thank you! Any others out there???

·
Registered
8 Posts
lol , your really dragging me into this . i will always help someone out to either sell them, find one in there area, help out with parts. most of the dealers in our district don't use the web as offen as they should. we do a great deal of business both new and used on the web and i do belive it helps me to see what customers are saying about our product. please if anyone needs help of any kind contact me thru here or our store e-mail.
[email protected]
good luck to all and i'm sure you'll all enjoy your elements

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:D I just had to put poor BoxCar on the spot.. hee.. He is a great source, and one of the few I have noticed who does take his job to the net and pays attention Kudos to Boxy! ciao!~ OK who else do we have out there!?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was able to order all the accessories I wanted at great prices (US only sorry) from http://www.HandA-Accessories.com and the best part is after one day all were in the mail. I ordered the armrest/storage, cargo net, keyless entry and carpet floor mats. All items have easy to follow instruction you can read before you buy. I should have them by Friday so I will up my experience on these boards

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am new to this forum, (have been on --another board--for a while) and I work for a dealership in Ft Wortrh, TX. I appreciate the special topic for us dealers to post our info. I have been selling Hondas at the same dealership for 7 and a half years and really enjoy it (they are easy to sell...lol).

Right now we have 9 available E's, mostly EX's in most colors. If I can be of assistance with anything like info on accessories or anything like that let me know.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
car_man_761: Please answer the burning question...

Will there be a Manual 4wd in the EX (or even DX) available? Another dealer (no disrespect intended to this dealer, just wish for a firm & confirmed answer) has posted on this site otherwise, we would sincerely appreciate any wisdom or information... and especially info backed with an offfical answer, not just rumor or otherwise.

Thank you very much, and Welcome to our cozy community!

·
Registered
11 Posts
[quote:5dbbeb802c="GYPSYTDA"]car_man_761: Please answer the burning question...

Will there be a Manual 4wd in the EX (or even DX) available? Another dealer (no disrespect intended to this dealer, just wish for a firm & confirmed answer) has posted on this site otherwise, we would sincerely appreciate any wisdom or information... and especially info backed with an offfical answer, not just rumor or otherwise.

Thank you very much, and Welcome to our cozy community![/quote:5dbbeb802c]

I just went to the Honda dealer web-site and tried to do a dealer locate, which is set up to help dealerships find vehicles and trade with other dealers. The way is is set-up you enter the model and year and it gives you ALL available options. The 5sp 4WD shows as an available option. So, as far as I know they are still going to build them, we should be ordering ours in April and getting them late May, early June.

Thanks for the welcome, and hope to be able to add to the group and to help answer questions. I am glad you guys welcome us dealers to the forum.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:wink: Thank you Car-man.. and we appreciate the inside edge help! If you can do a little investigation into this rumor that would be awesome.

Just cause it is listed on inventory does not mean it is a done deal, i have seen that before in my own experience with working in sales.

Another resident dealer said his Rep Said there would be no 4wd Manual.. what can you tell us about these "Reps" from your own experience, how accurate is that. Also when such a change plans to be made when can we expect such information to be offiicially available by Honda?

Thank you again!

·
Registered
11 Posts
[quote:bb2a6e66ff="GYPSYTDA"]:wink: Thank you Car-man.. and we appreciate the inside edge help! If you can do a little investigation into this rumor that would be awesome.

Just cause it is listed on inventory does not mean it is a done deal, i have seen that before in my own experience with working in sales.

Another resident dealer said his Rep Said there would be no 4wd Manual.. what can you tell us about these "Reps" from your own experience, how accurate is that. Also when such a change plans to be made when can we expect such information to be offiicially available by Honda?

Thank you again![/quote:bb2a6e66ff]

From my experience, reps sometimes are as cluless as the rest of us, simply cause manufacturers get them the info when they are ready for it. We are having our New Car Show this weekend, so I am sure I'll run into my rep tomorrow, I'll be sure to ask him and see if he has come up with something new, but as far as I know they will be here.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cool it was as I expected, rep are universal :wink:

I will look forward to your insight tomorrow about these issues and sincerely appreciate your help!

·
Registered
11 Posts
[quote:1b37fdaeef="GYPSYTDA"]cool it was as I expected, rep are universal :wink:

I will look forward to your insight tomorrow about these issues and sincerely appreciate your help![/quote:1b37fdaeef]

Well spent all afternoon at the show yesterday and the rep was a no-show....big surprise.......lol

As far as I know the 4WD 5sp is still coming, I will find a way to get confirmation and let the group know.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
car_man_761: thank you and we will look forward to what you find, and very much appreciate you looking into this!

·
EOC Dealer Sponsor
16 Posts
yes, i have heard the same from my honda rep.that i can order 5spd's in april for june delivery! the reason they have been delayed from original production is that the underpinnings from the cr-v are used in the element, and that parts are in short supply,as they will be coming initially from overseas, but will be available for element's by may or so for production!

as soon as i receive my next update, i will inform the board a.s.a.p.!

have a great day!

lou and kim tornabeni
honda of joliet
815-439-2222
or
630-420-7200
[email protected]
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lou & Kim, thank you & welcome!

So the word you have is YES there will be 4wd MANUALs for the Element this spring.. the only hold back is the supply issue, correct?

Thank you again!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'd swear I saw it on the web that there would be a manual 4wd available in June. If I can find the site again I'll post it.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sharp: yep that is part of the great debate, it has been all over the place that Manual 4wd would beout this spring.. BUT one dealer said otherwise, first saying there would be NO 4wd Manual, then it should be next year..

so this has been checked, checked and re-checked.. and everything we are seeing is YES the Manual 4wd will be out this spring, but looks like in limited supply, at least to start with..

·
Registered
311 Posts
Any idea what the price range for the EX AWD manual should be if I put in my order for one?

[quote:d689aacf5e="LOUANDKIM"]yes, i have heard the same from my honda rep.that i can order 5spd's in april for june delivery! the reason they have been delayed from original production is that the underpinnings from the cr-v are used in the element, and that parts are in short supply,as they will be coming initially from overseas, but will be available for element's by may or so for production!

as soon as i receive my next update, i will inform the board a.s.a.p.!

have a great day!

lou and kim tornabeni
honda of joliet
815-439-2222
or
630-420-7200
[email protected]
[email protected][/quote:d689aacf5e]

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can hardly wait for my E, but I really want the 5sp 4wd, so I'll have to wait. As soon as they become available to order, please let me know. :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
It is really a shame that Honda just leaves people waiting on the AWD 5speed issue. People here are trying their best to find out stuff which is greatly appreciated by me.. Honda is so tight lipped. I went to their web site where you can build your Element and there is NO pricing for the 5 speed manual in the EX AWD ( only the automatic ). If it is going to come out this spring ( rumor has it ) the least they could do is update their website so people know what to expect to pay for this particular vehicle. I am NOT going to settle for the automatic and THATS IT! If I have to buy another make and forget Honda altogether then so be it. Which would make me :cry: I have the money and am ready to buy......now if Honda would just get their act together. :roll:
I still haven't put down a deposit on one just yet because I don't really know what to expect Honda to do. I need this vehicle relatively soon for and upcoming trip and can't wait all summer. I have a feeling if I put this deposit down I shouldn't expect to hear a thing for a very long time. :evil:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts