Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
as ive prolly said. when i bought my SC a few days ago the spoiler was tossed in to sweeten the deal.

well during the install the service guy wasnt very good with the drill. and i ended up with a few small gouges to bare metal. now they may seem small to most ppl

is it my choice how they fix it? i mean i obviously dont want them to dab some touchup paint and call it a day

its simmilar on both sides and a big like 10 inch wide by 2 foot long scuff like he dragged his tool bag or somthing off the roof.

oh and i feel somthing is missing. on the door in the top corners is there a trim that cant be replaced after spoiler install?

·
Registered
313 Posts
spolier

Hard to see the scratch in the picture. Make them do a proper repair. Which spolier is it that they installed? Good luck with the E.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Tell them you want it "Spotted In".

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they installed the larger spoiler(in the correct PMM). the dealer has had it since wed morning and its still not done. when i arrived the service manager and paint guy were both there. and it seems the entire roof is getting painted. apparently the size of the scratch wasnt the biggest issue..it was the depth of the scratches as they didnt just remove the paint but removed some metal also.

they gave me an odysee with 5000 miles as a loaner car... omg its the worst thing ever lol. now i could be biased cuz i love the element but it seems worse then my old 01 grand caravan was

·
Registered
662 Posts
I absolutely feel your pain. I bought a new Firebird in '79. The factory did a poor job aligning the body panels (that might explain the Coke bottle left in the door) for the driver's door would touch the fender when opening. When I went to pick up the car, I found out some jerk had decided to pull the fender forward, without loosening the bolts first, using a crowbar and buckled the entire side of the fender. Next came a non-matching repaint of the entire fender on a 1 week old car.

You'll be fine. Paint quality and techniques have improved a thousand times over since the old days. You'll never even know it's been painted. ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts