Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a recommended way to remove the vinyl dealer sticker from the back fo the Element. Goo B Gone?

Randy

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got something at Walmart that worked well, it was in the automotive department and was for removing stickers. It took some work, but I got the Dealersip sticker removed.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I used my wife's hairdryer (I still can't believe she uses that on her head) and it smoodged right off with a credit card. A liitle rubbing alcohol after that on the remaining smoodge and it was like it was never there.

·
Registered
176 Posts
i must have been lucky-- i told my salesman i didnt want the sticker on in the first place.

when the car was delivered and i went in for inspection, there the sticker was. before i said anything, he peeled a corner back with his fingernail, and slowly removed it. no mess left behind. he did say that it's much easier to remove a fresh sticker, before it has a chance to bake on.

debadging is where the real fun is :)

·
Registered
245 Posts
[quote:519895d35b="meanelvis"]i must have been lucky-- i told my salesman i didnt want the sticker on in the first place.

when the car was delivered and i went in for inspection, there the sticker was. before i said anything, he peeled a corner back with his fingernail, and slowly removed it. no mess left behind. he did say that it's much easier to remove a fresh sticker, before it has a chance to bake on.

debadging is where the real fun is :)[/quote:519895d35b]

that is the first thing I tell the salesppl after we make a deal....no sticker unless you want to pay me to advertise your dealership.....they gave me a license plate frame which i took off when I got home... :D :lol:

·
Registered
359 Posts
I told my dealer on both of my cars to remove the sticker. The license plate frames on the front and the back of the car are enough. I don't know why they do that. It's really stupid of them. They ruin the car over time. Well, it can be removed and then the area can be compounded but that is not the point. New car, new paint, no new problems.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I took mine off with my fingernail right before the first wax job. The letters were all individually cut so there was a fair amount of glue left behind, but NU Finish took it right off. It was ugly, too. WHen I got my plates, the dealer plate frames went in the trash too.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I requested the dealer remove all stickers not put on at the factory before my purchase. I also requested all dealer advertiments be removed also, including an ugle sticker and licence plate. They wanna get ya coming and going these people!

·
Registered
20 Posts
OPPS is way better then GooGone.,

OPPS is also clear coat safe... So I use it to wash away Bugs and Tars.

You can buy OPPS at Walmart or Lowes.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My wife said "just peel it off!" I thought that I'd be peelin' off Sunset Orange! But I went out to the E and tried it on a corner and seemed to come off fine.Tried it on another 'till it was all off then washed it. She also said she peels them off all the cars she's had, BUT,it's best to do it as soon as possible otherwise it sets. Hope this helps.8)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Make the dealer take it off. My dealer was kind of shocked I asked him to do that, but I figure...they ruin it they pay, I ruin it I pay. Plus they aren't paying me to advertise!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts