Honda Element Owners Club banner

Dear Honda Please add drive leg space

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  AKRunner 
You're right. It's not just the tall, but the short, wide, thin or heavy outside the 95 percentile of body sizes that get left out from their consideration.

The generous headroom in the Element doesn't help the tall, because most height variation happens in the long bones (legs and arms), not the spine. Seated, I'm the same height as my spouse who is 6 inches shorter than I. An inch or two more travel on the seat position would solve this issue.

Since shoulder belt and thus the seat travel is no longer restricted by being anchored to the B pillar location, it should be a relatively simple change - but I bet it won't happen, because Honda does not cater (or listen) to potential customers outside the 95 percentile. They believe that it's better marketing to have extraordinary people pay for the extraordinary accommodations they require than to charge everyone else for something they haven't asked for and/or might not need.

See this thread http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63520

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.