Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Honda:

Let me start by saying I love my E. I was looking to buy a new car and it filled a niche I didn't know I needed filled. I was going to buy a Jeep Wrangler, but the girlfriend suggested I get something more practical. After all, I kept the 2-seater Del Sol, so I needed something more usable. Overall, a great car. I can't speak for all the "E faithful" but, there are a few things I would love to have/change:

1) either a center console standard or optional.

2) keyless entry/alarm standard. It comes on other vehicles in this price range (hello Jetta). Make remote start the option.

3) REAL stereo speakers!! What's with the cheap paper things in my doors?!?!

4) Only 2 power windows, so why can't they both have auto up/down?

5) Bigger/better tires. Stock tires wear quickly and look wimpy. You should see what my Dunlop Rover all-terrains do for looks AND ride quality.

6) Either a way to open back side windows and sunroof from the driver's seat, or at least a dash indicator that they are open when you shut off the engine. My brother's '84 Mazda 626 coupe had power rear quarter windows. As for the dash indicator, you put one in my Del Sol that tells me when I leave the rear window open or if I didn't lock the targa top. It'd be nice to have SOMETHING....

7) Is there ANY way to have even a small sunroof up front? PREEEETTY PLEEEEASE?????

8) Better tilt on the tilt wheel. I can't see the top of my gauges. Telescope would be nice.

9) I will be burned at the stake for this one, but here goes: learn something from the Toyota approach to the Scion. You have a superior and cooler vehicle in the E. They have a BOATLOAD more way cool accessories available through the dealer, and the darn thing hasn't even come out yet! Come on!! Half of the stuff I've done to my E is made up of things I found elsewhere and modified to work. If you had half of the kind of cool stuff for the E that they're offering, I would have bought most of it....

That's really all I can think of. A lot of people probably won't agree with me, but so what? I'm entitled to my opinion and likes/dislikes.

I've had my E since 4/1/03 and have 6,300 miles. It still makes me smile to drive it every day. A great product and all this car for $22,000? You can't beat it unless you buy a Kia (not).....

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Very well put....you made your points without whining (god how I do loathe whining....yet I am curiously good at it!)

I too LOVE my E.....but I am like a parent.....I wouldn't trade my E for anything....but I know he has "issues", but none the less I love him for who he is....my bouncing Baby Blue!

Sure I think some things could be improved, but I also am well aware that this is a first model year auto.....so I will be pacient and enjoy my E for what it is....and who knows in 10 years or so when I am ready for a trade, perhaps I will get the super fly 2013 E!

·
Registered
4 Posts
i thought the sunroof in the back was pretty cool...but i think it sucks that you cant get it unless you buy the AWD...BTW...are there more color options for AWD?

·
Registered
222 Posts
[quote:4d800058b0="Xenon-E"]9) I will be burned at the stake for this one, but here goes: learn something from the Toyota approach to the Scion. You have a superior and cooler vehicle in the E. They have a BOATLOAD more way cool accessories available through the dealer, and the darn thing hasn't even come out yet! Come on!! Half of the stuff I've done to my E is made up of things I found elsewhere and modified to work. If you had half of the kind of cool stuff for the E that they're offering, I would have bought most of it....[/quote:4d800058b0]

Allow me to throw on the gasoline and toss a match... :twisted:

Overall, I agree with most of your points, but that last one! Honda's price point on the Element is a bit higher than it ought to be for their target market, and they've obviously struck into a much richer vein anyway - BUT the original concept was to deliver an affordable, versatile vehicle targeted at a younger audience who will modify the car to hell and back. The very reason so much of the car is blank is that they expect us to go nuts and throw our own crazy mods upon it.

Cmon, why wouldn't they include a net for bungees when they know we're going to go spiderman-style on that with our personal choice of neon webbing? Thta's just the most obviously tip of the iceberg. There is SO MUCH that can be done to the car, so easily, so affordably, so after-marketedly it's obscene. Frankly, we've had ours a month and have just gotten through all our Honda licensed accessories. Already we've got a list of mods to do on our own as the budget is fit.

The Element is just that - "element" - a starting point, the atomic level, waiting for you to make the reaction happen, create your own chemical*.

The real proof will be when you see the Scion xB's next year. All of them looking like simple variations upon a theme, as supplied by Toyota. Look at them versus the Elements, which after a year's brewing should have developed into a thousand individual mutants.

{*just want to note that I do not endorse using your E as a roaming meth lab.}

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
it sure makes a great crack-wagon.
Hummm EMass is starting to worry me.....first the run-in with Ronald earlier today....and now the admitted Crack Master....and the use of an E is such a manner is seen as "child endagerment"

EMass.....the first step is admitting that you have a problem.....the second is letting go of Ronald (he does have a public image to maintain!)

·
Registered
894 Posts
LOL. And I mean real loud.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Well, I would like to see the rear windows roll down instead of pop out. AND...........MUCH better gas mileage, fer shur!

Ger

·
Registered
15 Posts
4 more items for the Element Wish List:
Front passenger seat that folds forward flat.
Rear seats that fold into the floor.
1 more inch ground clearance.
Outside temperature gauge & compass.
Still the best new design out there - just could be better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts