Honda Element Owners Club banner

Who's going?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 735 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Say when & where and I'll be there.

Hey did you know that's me in the 1st pic with the red EOC shirt ?

Are you thinking about Furnace Creek Campground again ?

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Say when & where and I'll be there.

Hey did you know that's me in the 1st pic with the red EOC shirt ?

Are you thinking about Furnace Creek Campground again ?

I knew I could count on you Jet.

Yes indeed, thought you'de appreciate people looking at the backside of your red EOC T-shirt.

Furnace Creek is probably where we'll end up again but I'm hoping to get more input from the camping fools regarding that.
Group Camp options might be a consideration as we tend to get a bit loud with large turn out camping gigs like DV.

Specific dates and campground options still need to be discussed.
Reservations need to be made - we could be talking as little as 90 days for this one.
Some folks are wanting to do this as soon as mid January.

"Next stop Corkscrew Mountain"

·
Banned
412 Posts
Titus Canyon, Death Valley

I am so there. Pick a date. I know amazing hot springs not far from the entrance to Titus Canyon in Nevada.
And that's me in the green sweater shooting Jet whilst Ellie was shooting us. You will love this trail. It's Element-hairy.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Beatty Nevada Gas stop.

If we thought that gas prices where high in DV last year, I hate to see
what there charging (gouging) people now in the park.:shock:

Here is some links that shows gas prices in Beatty NV..
http://www.fuelmeup.com/go.php?city=Beatty&state=NV
http://www.motortrend.com/gas_prices/33/nevada/nye/beatty/index.html
http://www.internetautoguide.com/gas-prices/87-int/nevada/beatty/index.html

I still can't get over how blue the skies where in DV and Nevada.
Makes me hate the smog here in SOCal even more.:mad:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
So Cal Secret

I still can't get over how blue the skies where in DV and Nevada.
Makes me hate the smog here in SO Cal even more.
Here's a little secret I learned a long time ago. The clean air and blue skies are close to the Beach, not in Corona.:D You need to relocate further West.

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Unless people have objections we're going to keep with tradition and schedual the DV campout for the last week end in February 26, 27 & 28
Thursday, Friday and Saturday (leaving on Sunday)

This should give people ample time to plan, make preparations and reserve individual campsites.
The two Group Camps that we were considering are already booked for this week end.

Campground: Furnace Creek
Campsites: 104, 106, 109, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, and 117
(alternate sites = 100, 101, 102, 103, 105, 107, 108, 110, 98, 99)
These campsites are all on a semi shaded loop that has restroom facilities.

It's important that people make thier campsite reservations as soon as possible due to the fact that almost a quarter of all the campsites in the Furnace Creek campground have already been booked.

Check out the Furnace Creek campground map on the Death Valley web site for detailed info. http://www.nps.gov/deva/

Moto freaks Kristen and Bikerjosh at Teakettle Junction on thier way to Racetrack Playa

Got toys? Bring em!

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Racetrack Playa; Home of the mysterious "Sliding Rocks."
It's 26 miles of gravel road to get there - think we can do it with our Elements?

·
Banned
412 Posts
I'm in site #111

Thursday to Sunday - booked it. It's gonna be great. I shall be driving in via Wild Rose as always. Mojave to Johannesburg to Trona to Wild Rose (awesome picnic area) at 4,000+ ft down to 200 ft below sea level at F Creek.

On the way back to LA I will hit Baker then continue south to Kelso then through Wonder Valley to The Palms bar/restaurant (my favorite on the planet) through Joshua Tree to Coachella to buy fresh Thurry dates. They are the best dates ever and they grow right there. They are like bread if you lived in Afghanistan.

Ric

Going to the cast and crew screening of Changeling this Tuesday. Pinch me.

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
Gene...This really looks great, but I think Darth Raider will be in the shop that week! I feel so bad, because I really would have loved to be there!!! :wink:

Chief

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I'm in site 113
Awesome, I got shade and I'm close to the outhouse. it doen't get much better does it ? :D

·
Banned
412 Posts
Yay

This is excellent. If the Academy Awards are on Sunday March 1st I will probably stay that extra night and watch the show from that bar/restaurant in Furnace Creek Village. Of course this will all change because I will book acting work that weekend. All I have to do is plan trips and I work, Hollywood is that easy.

We must definitely do the Titus Canyon convoy and hit this place not far north of Beatty. There are three cabins on top of primitive hot springs of different temperatures, five dollars a person. Will change your outlook on life. Don't forget about Rhyolite.

Also - somewhere on that highway south of Beatty towards Vegas is where they are fittin' to deposit all the country's nucular waste. Probably pretty secure but a possible photo op. What's that Mountain called (not Corkscrew)?

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Here's a little secret I learned a long time ago. The clean air and blue skies are close to the Beach, not in Corona.:D You need to relocate further West.
Hey the sky is deep blue in the mountains too, we have clean dry air here at high altitudes. Do I still need to move west?

Wish I could make this trip looks like a blast!

1 - 20 of 735 Posts