Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done de-badging and RE-badging my LX.

I know some others here have used either dental floss or fishing line to remove the badges. I used fishing line also, a 20 lb. test braided nylon casting line. Worked like a charm! Took all of 30 seconds to remove the "Element" and the "H". By keeping the pressure more towards the badge than the car, I avoided scratch marks on the finish.
The hardest part was removing the residual adhesive after the badges were gone. I used WD-40 and a lot of elbow grease, but it came off clean. I used the WD-40 No-Mess pen instead of the spray and a clean terry towel.
After it was all gone, there was a very slight ghosting where the badges had been. Meguiar's Scratch X took care of that easily. But since I wanted to re-apply the emblems, I didn't remove the ghosts entirely so I'd have a guide to be able to put the emblems back exactly where they came from.

I had seen some who had painted the badges in black, and was going to do that as well. Then I had the idea to paint them to match the car. I searched and found Tango Red Pearl touch up paint online, but couldn't find it locally. I ended up getting the DupliColor Cherry Red Pearl at Pep Boys. Pretty damn close match.

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
I would paint the prop cat lettering as well to match the other lettering. Otherwise it looks great!!!

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Thanks!
I considered that, and still may do it. But I kinda wanted it to stand out.
:D
I agree with 2009 ELE, I would paint the Prop Cat as well.
What you have done so far looks really good!!!

As far as standing out, it kinda stands out on your license plate!!!!:razz:

·
Registered
730 Posts
I think AstekRol and I are on the same page....go ahead and paint all of your lettering the same color. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts