Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Islands reunion potluck party will be on the 12th so make sure you peeps keep that day, evening open....cool

·
Registered
890 Posts
Islands reunion potluck party will be on the 12th so make sure you peeps keep that day, evening open....cool
Hate to make like a stick in the mud, but you had better make this a lunch or late lunch thing; don't plan on making this go into the evening.

The marathon starts at 5:00am the next morning and with literally tens of thousands of entrants, you need to be down at the start by 3:30-4:00am and ready to go. That means hitting the sack by 8:00pm the latest, up by 2:00am to have something light to top off the tank, hydrate, and do your biz, unless you can run on adrenaline alone.

He can't be indulging in the regular potluck fare as well and throw off his pre-race nutrition, lest he throws his gut into a tailspin.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Big dog has some good points. I stick to pretty much all that except for the 8PM bed thing. I'm usually in bed by 11. I have a place in downtown Waikiki anyway, so no having to get up at 2 for me. I can even walk to the start line from my hotel.

But I mean, it's not all about me. You guys can eat all kinds of crazy food. I usually pack on a couple pounds of pasta the evening before and that's about it.

How about something after the run? Food for me will be a free for all then and a welcome treat. :) I should be long done and showered up by noon. 1 at the very latest.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Arrgghhh!! okay Island what is it gonna be?? The 12th? If so what time? Is the 13th better...I need to know everything ASAP...Thanks for the insight KDogg..Let me know Island so I can post this out early..

·
Registered
136 Posts
how's about we do something on both nights to make up for all the meet he's missed. 12th pasta's and salads to carb up and 13th we can eat fish, chicken pig, cow,....... pretty much anything goes kind of thing.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
how's about we do something on both nights to make up for all the meet he's missed. 12th pasta's and salads to carb up and 13th we can eat fish, chicken pig, cow,....... pretty much anything goes kind of thing.
That sounds pretty cool. I'll be sure to make both days. :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
Whatever days you want to meet - I'm good - I'll try and get Sandy to make her bacon things ;-)

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
It's all good for me..It's all up to the HEOC family to make this happen peeps...both days work for me....Let me know but if we are gonna do this we are going to have to commit for sure...cool

·
Registered
136 Posts
i'm free on saturday. gotta work on sunday. can have it at our house one day if 2 days in a row is too much for elemento.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i'm free on saturday. gotta work on sunday. can have it at our house one day if 2 days in a row is too much for elemento.
Change of venue is always good...I think 2 days of hanging at someones house is too much. I am sure Island would much rather be out and about...My house will be open to a party potluck on the 12th unless we take Aching up on his offer? I was thinking we do something that Island can't do
otherwise. Two days might be a YIpes and I think the only way is if we get
definite participation confirmation from HEOC family. Okay so let's get this thing planned peeps!! The 12th either my humble abode or Achings bike hideaway? We can vote on the 2nd day of activities after we figure out the 12th....cool?

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Potluck 12th...Input needed pls.

So what peeps? I know everybody is busy this season myself included so let's get this potluck thing planned for Island. I got something on the 11th and 12th but I am still trying to squeeze everything in. I was hoping an early morning afternoon potluck because I have something later that evening (recently found out) that I have to go to. If later evening works for most then that's cool too. Please chime in and let me know what's up. We are doing this for Island so let's get this started...!!

·
Registered
527 Posts
12th is good for me

Early morning or afternoon sounds good since by then, everyone will be really busy. Frozen must also have a million things to do and I'm sure wants to also see other peeps besides us.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Chime in peeps potluck dec 12th

So far this is who replied

Turbo - early morning / afternoon

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Need input for Dec12th ? For Island peeps

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Depending on Island I think morning/afternoonish would be good!

·
Registered
409 Posts
1 - 20 of 39 Posts