Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been debating for a while on what type of system to use for my bike carrying needs. Thought of doing the "inside the E system" that some have done with great ingenuity. Figured that with my dog, camping gear, and two bikes needing to be carried, a hitch mount was the best way to go.

I purchased the Thule Roadway 2 from REI (it's on sale right now for $168 down from $210). Only a couple bolts to complete installation. I have the U-Haul class III 2" receiver. It's fits perfect! The mount is secured to the receiver by a threaded bolt. After tightening, no wiggle what-so-ever. There is a lever to to lower the arms, and a lever to lower the whole unit. When in carrying position, the joint that lowers the whole unit does have a little bit of movement, but not anything to complain about. With the whole unit lowered, the lid and tailgate can both open (with very little room to spare between the tailgate and the rack).
http://www.rei.com/product/799933/thule-roadway-2-bike-hitch-rack

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks good. I used to use that, but have since changed to carrying my bikes on top of my car with Yakima High Rollers, but the Roadway 2 is great.
Btw, good to see an E from Davidson Co. Its been one short since I moved back to Atlanta!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was born and raised in Atl for 25 yrs. Good to see an E is back in my hometown.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts