Honda Element Owners Club banner

235/75r15 or 235/70r16

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Honda Element AWD
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello EOC. I found a good deal on Falken Wildpeaks AT3, but now stuck on whether to get 15s or 16s. I have a 2" lift and would like a wider more aggressive stance; slight protrusion from fenders is okay.

235/75r15 or 235/70r16??
From the calculations, they appear to be about equal in size, weight, etc. 15s would be about $95 per and 16s about $104 per tire.

Id like to have a similar look to @Kyzor and get a very similar look, but feel awkward copying him to the letter. Like him, I'd like to save some weight in the wheels to offset a heavier tire.

Please help me make a decision!

Thoughts?

I might just buy the tires until I find wheels to match. So which size would be best?

·
Registered
2005 Honda Element AWD
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the candid reply @fleetw00d . I ended up getting the 235/75r16s and threw em on the OEM wheels. I was a little concerned as the rears hit these strut tower when it was on the lift. Once lowered, they were all good.

However, I think under load I may have some issues so I'm off to read more on hubcentric wheel spacers now.

Thanks again.

E

·
Registered
2005 Honda Element AWD
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love the beefier look. I'm getting 32mm wheel spacers delivered so we'll see if another 1.25" will be what I want.

·
Registered
2004 SOP EX/AWD/MT
169 Posts
The other benefit with going 16's, is you can upgrade the front brakes to Acura TSX rotors/calipers when your stock stuff needs replacing.
Our Es should have come with these brakes stock :cool:

·
Registered
2005 Honda Element AWD
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The other benefit with going 16's, is you can upgrade the front brakes to Acura TSX rotors/calipers when your stock stuff needs replacing.
Our Es should have come with these brakes stock :cool:
Now that's good to know! I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the info. I'll search for that info. Cheers.

·
Registered
2005 Honda Element AWD
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Here's where we are so far. I am thinking about plastidipping the wheels. Ever heard of anyone plastidipping their cross bars? I wanted to order black but found a good deal on silver. Thought it might be less hot too in the sun, but the look isn't quite right.

·
Registered
2004 SOP EX/AWD/MT
169 Posts
E looks good, Congrats 🍺

If you ever plan on using them, Plastidipping the cross-bars may not be a good idea.
May be more durable with regular metal paint, over plastidip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts