Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so before I discover this great site and stay up 'til 5 am today devouring it, I'm researching the E. Find Yahoo's auto board reviews. Find a lot of inane comments about the E. Now invite you as owners and aficionados to gently but firmly remind others what a cool vehicle this is. Cruise to:

http://messages.yahoo.com/bbs?.mm=autos&action=l&tid=750048351&sid=750003530 and select Write Review.

:wink:
SteveO

'03 S2000 Silverstone/Blk #842
'99 Acura TL (fs! pm if interested! gotta get my E!)
'93 Dodge Stealth (for sale! pm if interested)
'76 Buick Estate Wagon (Alice, the Simu-Wood Pre-SUV)
See http://www.FamilyV.com for the nutty Buick details. 8)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Thanx for the link Steve. But I could not read through it. I am one of those people who spouts off opinions about everything. So it make me mad to see others having negative opinions about something I like.

Seriously, I did read one note about it being a cheap truck. He was off the mark. I have own cheap truck and this isn't one. You may not like the style but it is well made and the engine does not gasp. 160hp for a vehicle of this weight is more than enough. I use to believe that the only good car was a truck. I drove v8 Dakota for years. 230hp, could fit drywall and haul a couple thousand pound. (Tim Allen would be proud) The reality is I need a truck for me, my dog and my gear. Environmentally friendly has become important.

There I go with the opinions again. If people like it buy it, if not don't. I think talking about cars and trucks is harder than talking politics and religion.

PS like you web site

·
Registered
83 Posts
Steve -- I happened upon that site a few days a go while searching for Element reviews and I had the same opinion. But I went ahead an purchased an Element anyway.

Today was the first day I drove the Element to work, it was delivered last night, and I spent half of my day tripping out to the car with office friends and answering questions on the vehicle. Seems like many people like the element, or are at least willing to give it a chance. I don't listen to too many folks who can't come up with a single positive statement about anything, especially a car.

Hey, very nice web site, Boneheadz comment made me check the link. I like the writing, nice style and observations.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I won't even think about posting my opinions there. I do believe I am above the max. age limit- WOW the comment are almost....why doesnt yahoo pull the plug on stuff like that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Let's face it, the Element sells itself once you sit in it, drive it, and start comparing it against what you currently own. I admit, its not a car for everyone, especially those who need a truck to haul very heavy things. But it suits my needs very well and no amount of negative reviews would affect my decision to buy after experiencing the E.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I wonder just how seriously anyone could take a 'review' forum which abounds with (and I apologize for this) such gems as:

"Who said you could talk, a**hole!!

Don't complain about useless comments from others when yours are just as useless!!

By the way, I think the Element sucks as much as you do, you little ******. "

Personally, I'd rather stuff my head in a bucket of Piranha than wade through that sort of stuff - and that is far from the most offensive.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Oh, man! I can't believe there are people out there like that... as long as they stay away from our little corner of the interenet, I'll be just fine. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
A car is transportation, not a represetation of a person. IF people judge
you based on the car you drive, their most likely still in grade school.
The person on the yahoo site named earthsaver was funny. Does he
use a car or is a passenger. HE would be supporting the so called evil
Satin. You have problems with people using electricity. That causes
pollution also. Paper, three goes the trees. Look at yourself before
you judge others. I find I keep busy just judging myself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wow! There are A LOT of negative comments on the E over at Yahoo. Seems like a small group posting a number of messages. They range from questioning one's sexual preferences to ugliness of our vehicle. We need to have a positive prescence out there to defend our little E's.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think those people have WAY too much time on their hands. Its one thing for us to sit around and chat about something we OWN, something completely different to bash something you don't. Where do these people come from anyway??? :roll:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Those are pretty harsh opinions from people who havent even driven the car. I have a suspicion that the quantity and tone of most of those comments may be attributed to "Counter-Marketing". Honda is going to great lengths to market this vehicle to their target demo through the internet. That forum could be considered by some as more un-biased than other fan sites and there for more likely able to spread false theories and opinions. Some of the comments seem extremly juvenile yet carefully worded and thought out (ie. sexual preference). In any case Honda must be doing something right to get such comments both positive and negative about their new creation. No one would have created message boards for a chevette. I think Honda should be happy that they have their competition so worried that they're hiring marketing companies to troll the message boards and create that garbage. Take em for what they are - "Opinions". You know what they say about opinions.
I'm happy as ever tooling around in mine!
PS: Or maybe thats all the twenty somethings who cant afford this cheap SUV.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That Yahoo board was great for a laugh, thanks SteveO. Those people who find it necessary to put down the Element are passing me on the highway left and right. Do they feel threatened in some way?

I'll be the first to say that the Element is not Chevy, Ford, Ram 4x4 - thank god. I've had a few trucks in my past - lousy brakes, bad bumpers, no turning radius... I'd like to know what they do in their spare time for fun.

Granted, I had to get used to the gas tank location on the Element, but to compare it to a Pinto, come on. or this comment "Let's hope for a short production run," what does that have to do with reality?

Honestly, I'd prefer that the secrect never gets out that the Element is one cool, functional, fun vehicle. It's no coincidence that this is my 3rd Honda. Build them great and they will come without any sales gimics. American car companies practically give away their cars. If they didn't have all those incentives they'd be choking on their inventories.

·
Registered
53 Posts
i read the yahoo boards and i agree with za9ra22..but now that i have the element im worried about the yahoo boards talking so much about "low gas tank" i dont know anything about cars as being an old broad i havent spent that much time on my back(now,now boys!) looking at the underside of my element..
must i worry about being in a pinto?
also is there more danger not having b pillar and no side airbags?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Pemfluke - I wouldn't worry at all about those silly comments made by those yahoo flunkies. Being a mechanical and part time structural engineer, i can assure you our little E's are no more dangerous than any other car out there. I have seen cutaways of the E's structure and it is nothing less than impressive. To make up for the loss of the B-piller, Honda had to really reinforce the structure. That's why it weighs so much for its size. This little car has already undergone crash testing and if there were to be a problem with the structure or gas tank placement, it would have been rectified by now. Honda knows what litigous society we are and they don't need the bad press that an unsafe vehicle would bring upon them. Don't lose any sleep! :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the kind words on my site, glad you like it. One would think the Yahoos would at least argue based on fact, but here we get into DON'T BE PERPLEXED BY THE PERPLEXED. Just a little saying I learned from a teacher of mine; basically it means jerks are always gonna be jerks, liars are always gonna be liars, so don't let that surprise you.

Just wanted to see a few good owner reviews up there as I'm sure this is a great ride. I expect to have one in my garage in a month or two.

Pem, no offense (and I know you meant none), but stroke is a deadly serious thing. My dear wife and soul mate died from it nearly 2 years ago at just 33 years old. Warning signs include: dizziness, unexplained, persistent headache (my wife had hers for 7 days -- docs misread her ct, etc.), confusion, motor deficiency (hard to move your extremities), sudden difficulty with speech, to name a few.

Sorry to bring up such a nonjoyful thing, but if I can save someone from the pain I endure without my wife, it is worth it.

:D to all,
Steve

1 - 16 of 16 Posts