Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I figured out another thing to do for my E today to keep Lucy spiffy. Some *dust* has settled inside on a few surfaces. The NERVE. I must fix this situation. But what's the best thing to do for my E?

If you don't want a spray cleaner to get actual grunge off an Element interior surface, and you just want to dust, check this baby out:

http://www.homemadesimple.com/swiffer/usenglish/dusters.shtml

A disposable fluffyfibery duster. I like it because it has no scent, and when it's dirty, away it goes.

I don't like dust or cleaning sprays like Endust or feather dusters that inevitably get nasty and just make me sneeze.

Me likes this.

Signed,

Hazel the Housekeeper :lol:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Kim-

I had already purchased these a few weeks ago.....as I am experinces allergies for the first time in my life this year.....and they are wonderful.....perfect for dusting collectibles....you don't have to move them all!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Tee Hee - must be a girl thing. I had purchased these before for use in my house. When I saw the first dust settling on the interior of my new SOP E, I made a mental note to pick one up on my next trip to the supermarket. Now the little duster lives in the pocket of my door. I can dust anytime I want - evne at red lights!

Kristi

·
Registered
182 Posts
This is an excellent tip! I'll have to remember to get this little duster when I'm out shopping again. :D

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
This is an excellent tip! I'll have to remember to get this little duster when I'm out shopping again.
DITTO! :)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I saw this thread and went and bought a box of Swiffers. My wife saw them and started laughing at me. My last vehicle was a 92 Voyager I washed about once a year. She thinks I've gone way over the top trying to keep this showroom new.

·
Registered
182 Posts
The little Swiffer is very useful and I have dusted the E's dash many times while sitting in the parking lot at school. I just put the thing in the driver side door's compartment so that it is there whenever I need to dust. :D

·
Registered
421 Posts
The Swiffer looks like a good idea.

I also found a mini-Hollywood Duster at Target that works well and fits in the glovebox. It's like a long bottle brush with yarn instead of bristles. I did have to wrap some twine around the tip of the wire, to prevent scratching the dashboard accidentally.

On the handle end, it also has bristles for cleaning out the nooks and crannies. I wash it out in the kitchen sink every now and then, and it's good to go.

And it's black and grey to match my SOP's interior :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ideas like this one is what makes this group interesting. I am going to get a swifter tomorrow, goodbye dust! :wink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts