Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone created a delivery checklist for picking up the E? (I've used the search function, but no luck.)

So far, I've come up with the following (some cribbed from the PDI service bulletin) in addition to the typical (lights, locks, etc.):

1. Fuses (should be pulled from coin box and installed). [If this isn't done, we are in real trouble since the interior lights can't come on without their install.]
2. Body Plugs (if in the glove compartment, they haven't been installed either).
3. Inspect plastic moulding for scratches. [If fogs installed, look carefully at light cut-out in bumper.]
4. Obtain radio anti-theft code and radio serial number.
5. Keys: 2 normal, 1 valet
6. Antenna installed.
7. Parking brake: 4 to 7 clicks.
8. Inspect rear seat release and adjustment strap for rips/unraveling. (an early TSB)
9. For AWD: bag for skylight storage.
10. Mats Option: make sure the anchors are installed.

11. When at home, check to make sure the tires have the proper pressure instead of the shipping inflation of 40 to 50 psi.

Any other ideas? (Besides having a great big :D when pulling away from the dealership, of course.)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Always inspect a car's spare tire set up to make sure the tire is there, inflated and the jack is included.

I bought a car years ago and my father asked me "Got air in your spare tire?" Turned out I didn't even have a spare tire.

·
Registered
87 Posts
When I picked up my E a couple of weeks ago, included in the paperwork was a preprinted checklist. See below: Some things didn't get checked, I'm not sure why but I was able to use the list to check things out myself for the most part.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Interesting. Very comprehensive. I saw nothing like this here in Canada. Just had them wanting me to sign a checklist that they would fill in later as everything was "perfect" in their mind. I did look it over carefully, however.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well..after I pick mine up on Saturday I'm retorquing the wheels. My Miata's lugnuts were overtightened by the dealer I bought it from to over 200 ft.lbs! :shock: Mazda has the dealers install the wheel locks and the gorilla that installed mine decided to have fun with an air gun I suppose. At any rate the rotors were warped as a result at 1200 miles so with the Element I'm checking the lugnuts first thing.

I guess I'm paranoid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts