Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. . .

I am new to this forum and to the Element. I just purchased a 2004 EX 4WD with only 23,000 miles :razz:. So far it has been a blast to drive and great for hauling our 2 labs.

With that said, I have a question about the complete carpet kits from SCA. Has anyone opted for the "Classic" vs the "Deluxe" complete carpet kit? Other than being a bit thicker and coming in more color options I am trying to determine which route to go with. I hate to say that $$ is the determining factor, but it is. . . The classic still looks to be made with the same attention to detail - I just need something that will provide a little better sound insulation and a more skid-free surface.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
836 Posts
You might look into the foam floor panels that interlock, trim that to fit the back of the E and it works for road noise and gives the pups a good place to ride. There are several threads here about doing the project. (this is just a way to save some cash)

·
Registered
403 Posts
I went with the classic in my previous 2005 I had....gray tweed. I guess not quite as plush as the deluxe with a little longer pile. The pile was very tight on mine, and it wore well. Can't really say that it cut down on noise very much, but that's not really why I bought it. At the time it was the cheaper of the two, and it's what I could afford. I will be purchasing again for my 2010 E, and I will probably go again with the gray tweed, and not because of price. I just like the tighter weave to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts