Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, like an idiot, I lost my grip on the hose while standing on a step stool and washing the roof of my brand new 09 EX. The nozzle of the hose fell onto the rear (flat) portion of the roof, and left a nice little dent. I know it's in a place where it can't really be noticed, but it bugs me that it's now there on, as I said, a vehicle that is only three months old.

Any suggestions as to how I might get it out ? :-x

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
About the best for that kind of repair, are the paintless/hail-damage repair places. Cheap and fast.

Some say you can "pop" a dent back out with dry ice - but never heard of anyone actually being able to do it.

check with any local car dealership that sells used cars. They will likely have a paintless repair guy that they contract with to come in and do their used trades every week or so. Get his number and schedule and see what he says.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You could call almost any dealership and ask for the name and number of the paintless dent remover vender that they use. This process uses special tools to move the metal from the underside back into a smooth form as if the dent never happened, without the use of paint and filler. This is a much better way to fix a new car than paint work. This is not a process for the DIY person. I know I tried. If you do not do it right you can push the metal all out of shape and make it worse. They usually charge $40.00 to $60.00 a dent, depending on what has to be moved to get to the back side of the dent. Your dent is in the roof and this means they will have to drop the headlinner on the side of the dent, to allow access of the tool to push the dent. If the side air bags have to be removed it may cost you a little more. This is the best way to fix most dents and you don't have to worry about paint match or overspray on a new car.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Definitely a paintless dent removal service. Look for a reputable one in your area or a dealer recommended one.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Before i had my E i had a BMW 328I, to take out a parking lot ding I used a bit of foil, lighter and compressed air for a keyboard. Dry ice also works ive been told but i havent tried that. What you do with the foil is make a barrier between the car and the lighter. Hold a flame to the foil to warm up the metal on the car. Hold the air can upside down and spray the metal right after you heat it with the lighter. The metal expanding and contracting makes the dent pop out. I did this on my white bmw and it worked perfectly, couldn't even tell the dent was there. You tube has several videos for reference.

Or go to the local shop and get it popped out :)

·
Registered
836 Posts
never thought about a hair dryer but it would work well also.... its an easy cheap way to fix the dent :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts