Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice the desktop version of this site is looking very strange? Nothing is as it should be. I can’t log in.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Quite honestly, everything about this site has been looking very strange since they changed the whole format awhile back. I'm still having trouble navigating it! : - (

I don't want to sound negative, because I very much want and need this site and the great contacts and information available here.

But it was much better in the "old" days!

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Having the same trouble. All I can see default is a huge stationary banner "Element Owners Club" that covers anything else. No login available on screen anywhere. Some text is partly obscured so letters look like strange characters instead.

I'm here now only because I used a few (i combination, no less!) ad-blocking tools combined with some lucky guessing what to type in for web addresses. I'm not sure what anyone was trying to do here but someone put a half-baked mess of coding live without bothering to test it first. It's completely unusable like this.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Since the edit button is still missing and apparently unavailable now, I'll add in case anyone gets this far. You can log in by going direct to
elementownersclub.com/login
Once you log in, the rest of the board is still working. Good luck... and may the farce be with you!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since the edit button is still missing and apparently unavailable now, I'll add in case anyone gets this far. You can log in by going direct to
elementownersclub.com/login
Once you log in, the rest of the board is still working. Good luck... and may the farce be with you!

Yes, that works for now. Thank you!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Having the same trouble. All I can see default is a huge stationary banner "Element Owners Club" that covers anything else. No login available on screen anywhere. Some text is partly obscured so letters look like strange characters instead.

I'm here now only because I used a few (i combination, no less!) ad-blocking tools combined with some lucky guessing what to type in for web addresses. I'm not sure what anyone was trying to do here but someone put a half-baked mess of coding live without bothering to test it first. It's completely unusable like this.
Yes, that big stationary banner really is terrible, hopefully it can get fixed. I use a Mac for my computer and everything is up to date. When I use my phone, everything is normal though...

·
Registered
542 Posts

The desktop version is ok for me in Slimjet, a current chromium based browser, but is completely unusable with a huge stationary banner in a Cliqz, a quite current Mozilla based browser I also use and also in an older webkit based browser I use as a fallback. This latest screwup of the forum is recent but on top of a large number of screwups preceding it. Oh, for the old human friendly forum!!!

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
I agree totally. I still long for the days before the owners allowed this new glop to replace the old board that worked SO much better. On the other hand, it's still free and you do get what you pay for.

·
Administrator
449 Posts
Hello all,

Sorry for the inconvenience as we have had some glitches/bugs this past week with the releases which may have caused the following.
  • Loss of flag/location or error updating location
  • CSS page formatting issues
  • Speed issues
We have since rolled out a hotfix for this now which should address the issues.Thank you for your understanding while we make these updates and tweak some settings.
Please let us know if this issue persists, along with a screenshot of what you're seeing

-Gerrit

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
As of right now, I don't see any corrections plus I wasn't even able to login at Honda Element Owners Club. [page not found] However, by cutting it to the shorter form elementownersclub.com/login, I was then redirected BACK to Honda Element Owners Club which DID work. Once logged in, columns still overlap, letters corrupted, etc. I'm guessing that all of this mess was caused by someone trying to squeeze in that totally inappropriate advertisement for "Popular Communities"?

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
BTW. The EDIT function is STILL missing. When I posted my last message, the board covered over the web addresses I used with tags and I can't go back now to fix it. I REALLY hate how this board changes things without asking.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts