Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently detailed my element. I cleaned the whole Element top to bottom and waxed the paint and applied on another coat of Solution Finish to the plastic panels/trim. Something I did different this time was after buffing in the Solution Finish I glazed over the panels with a spray wax. Now the water beads up on the panels and I have seen no streaking.

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Fiji EX-AWD
274 Posts
good idea. Which spray wax? I accidentally this weekend bought mineral spirits instead of paint thinner to use with burned linseed oil. DON'T EVER do that. As soon as it rained, my upper roof plastics i covered with that mixture ran down onto the paint and windows. Couldn't just wipe off. I had to rebuff the entire car.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good idea. Which spray wax? I accidentally this weekend bought mineral spirits instead of paint thinner to use with burned linseed oil. DON'T EVER do that. As soon as it rained, my upper roof plastics i covered with that mixture ran down onto the paint and windows. Couldn't just wipe off. I had to rebuff the entire car.
Turtle wax brand is all I remember.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I recently detailed my element. I cleaned the whole Element top to bottom and waxed the paint and applied on another coat of Solution Finish to the plastic panels/trim. Something I did different this time was after buffing in the Solution Finish I glazed over the panels with a spray wax. Now the water beads up on the panels and I have seen no streaking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts