Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband says the Element doesn't have good enough brakes or transmission to tow anything. Got an '03 MT AWD w/ 80K miles. All service has been done in a timely fashion.

I was looking at the A-liner Classic, Scamp, or Casita (both 13'). I tried explaining the ridiculously low towing capacity and that these are all under it. I think he just wants me to forget the idea totally.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
My husband says the Element doesn't have good enough brakes or transmission to tow anything. Got an '03 MT AWD w/ 80K miles. All service has been done in a timely fashion.

I was looking at the A-liner Classic, Scamp, or Casita (both 13'). I tried explaining the ridiculously low towing capacity and that these are all under it. I think he just wants me to forget the idea totally.
Oh crap...you can't tow with an Element?

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Oh crap...you can't tow with an Element?
No fair . . . yours has "shasta wings" . . . that makes it lighter and easier to tow 8)

'03 Element with (power robbing) oversized wheel/tire combo; 126,000 miles on the odometer, ~2000 mile Calif-to-Illinois trip through a couple deserts in August . . . . that was over 3 years ago . . . it is still today running @ 152,000. :)

·
Premium Member
2007 Element EX TRP
2,530 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
941 Posts
I tow a Burro ( think Scamp) tow it half way cross country and back. No issues I do have a trany cooler but only because my brother installs them Even he claim i did not need it but it would be over kill.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
I have a 13ft Trillium. Haven't towed it yet but our dear Canadian friends towed it from Ontario to Albany, NY with no problem. They usually tow a pop up.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I have a 13ft Trillium. Haven't towed it yet but our dear Canadian friends towed it from Ontario to Albany, NY with no problem. They usually tow a pop up.
And my pop up weighs more than your Trillium...lol
2090 lbs vs 1200 lbs...although I was really impressed by how easily the Trillium pulled...I had to keep looking back to see if it was still there!

To be fair, I do have a controller and trailer brakes installed in mine...you can feel the difference going through the Virgina Mountains - the trailer doesn't actually push you down the hills, but you can feel the trailer brakes helping you slow down...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Plenty of folks towing with the "E"!

Trust us!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I wish I had some action shots of my rig...

The E is really a tow champ for it's size. The brakes are great and adding trailer brakes is just good practice no matter what you tow with. I tow a boat and a utility trailer loaded with everything from firewood to mulch and rocks. No problems at all and at 75k miles of hard living.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

Sounds like he's just mad you didn't get a pickup or ultra-SUV :roll:

BTW for the record what the heck is DH? Dumb Husband? :lol:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
If it fits, it's "Darling Husband"---- Mr. Jojo never fits in that category;-)
Damn Husband...............?

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts