Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They should come up with a diamond plated verson.....that would really look nice. The Element is very utilitarian and so is diamond plated steel in other vehicles. Just makes sense to me that it would look good.

LittleDogBox
Arlington, Va.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Diamond plated version of what?

JRock

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would love to find diamond plate front and rear bumper trim. I already have the DP mud flaps. I have even concidered getting a fab shop to build one but its darned expensive.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dude. Diamond plate is sooo yesterday. What you want is Diamond ENCRUSTED! It's a bit more money, but it's so worth it! :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
[quote:30084d1b95=" "]slowhand, the only review i needed to see was the price...$300!?!??![/quote:30084d1b95]

Exactly - that price gives it a "thumbsdown" from me. Maybe if I crack my existing plastic cover someday, I'll pony up the cash for this item.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Maybe some other manufacturer of aftermarket goodies will offer a similar, but less expensive replacement for the spare tire cover. Competition is a beautiful thang! :wink:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
[quote:010c072e58=" "]Maybe some other manufacturer of aftermarket goodies will offer a similar, but less expensive replacement for the spare tire cover. Competition is a beautiful thang! :wink:[/quote:010c072e58]

For $150, I'll make you one out of wood... No latch, and I get to choose the color. :D

Bill

·
Registered
388 Posts
I purchased floormats (4' x 6') that have the diamond plate pattern....although it's in balck foam, not metal. I'll post pictures some time this week when I get around to do the cutting. It will definitely help with the slip and slide flooring.

Oh, and it's only $10 at Pep Boys. You get a different kind of durability and protection, but you essentially get the diamond plate pattern.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I work in a sheetmetal shop and we have a couple 4'X10' sheets in the back. I was told that the cost was less than $100 per. As far as the bumper covers it's just shearing it down to size and put 2 90o breaks in it, the spare tire cover is no big deal just shear it to size and rivet to the top of the plastic cover. Personally I don't care for the look and am sure over time that it would get scratched and the mirror finish would dull and turn gray, but if any of you are interested in this look I would be more than happy to help in any way.

Brad

·
Registered
31 Posts
Brad, I am interested in a diamond plate front bumper cover. How much?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Let me see if I can fit the metal on to the bumper. If it molds to it and looks allright I have no problem shipping you one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just checked it out and I can make a U channel but I have no way to make it conform to the slight radius in the bumper, another words it would fit tight in the middle and stick out on both ends. I can make just about anything with a flat 90o or just shear a piece to fit any flat area.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts