Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of you are anti-modding these things but I am anti-stock. Today I cleared my headlights and lowered my E. The headlights went very well. The springs were very easy too. I had recently put coilovers on my fiances 01 Civic. The Civic has the same suspension as the E. So I used the stock Civic Springs. This lowered it roughly 2.5 and 2. The back sits up higher than Id like but it is a truck. All in all I love the stance.

The front and rear have lowered just a little more than pictures here, I guess the springs settled to the new weight.

[/img]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Love the grill, can't wait to see new pics .. What else are you planning to mod- any power? -hope to see your L around town--ATL here too , Keep inspiring!!!

·
Registered
957 Posts
[quote:82de95319d="Turtle"]I know some of you are anti-modding these things but I am anti-stock. Today I cleared my headlights and lowered my E. The headlights went very well. The springs were very easy too. I had recently put coilovers on my fiances 01 Civic. The Civic has the same suspension as the E. So I used the stock Civic Springs. This lowered it roughly 2.5 and 2. The back sits up higher than Id like but it is a truck. All in all I love the stance. Ill post pics on here in a little while when I get my friend to host some pics.[/quote:82de95319d]

I'd really like to see pics of your clear headlights mod! :D

->eMass

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bkw, thanks for hosting those for me, I appreciate it.

I measured the drop and it came out to be 2.5" in front and about 2 3/8 in rear (just a hair under 2.5). I like the stance, however, I am already used to it and want it lower. The ride is exactly the way it was before, not bouncy or anything.

Stevester, yeah, Id like to meet you sometime. I might be start showing it here soon, but without rims, thats not too likely.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The E has lowered itself just alittle more than in pictures. I guess with the new weight as opposed t o the Civic, they had to settle some. I am already used to the new stance and want it lower. Once I put air ride on the Civic, Ill take the coilovers off the Civic and put them on the E. You can also see the cleared headlights in the pics as well. Sorry, no DIY on that.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Turtle- Great job on the lowering! Can't wait to save some money and get the lowering springs from NOPI. This little beast could easily become a handling masterpiece.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey that looks pretty nice. My only concern would be the spring rates. Is it softer now? Since the Elephant is so much heavier than a Civic I would worry about that a littleiif your hauling anything heavy.

·
Registered
50 Posts
How did you "clear" the headlights. Do you know of any website that might explain how to do this?

Dano
NightHawk Black Perl 4WD DW Auto

·
Registered
48 Posts
:lol: Once angin, you are the man. MUCH PROPS.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was wondering the same about the civic springs, Will the hold up the E cause I am sure that it weighs more than the civic...

JE_ELEMENT_TN: I was just wanting to say hi and find out alittle about your element...cause you are in my area....So what color do you have...are you going to do any mods to it... :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The E rides exactly as it did before. I cannot tell any difference. The cost was free. I also have a 2001 Civic show car that I had installed coilovers on. You dont need to buy lowering springs unless you want it much lower than I have now. Go to 7thgencivic.com and go to the flea market. I am very sure people are elling there stock springs for CHEAP. At this site, you can also go to the DIY section and see an example of the cleared headlights. Except, DO NOT put your headlights in the oven(youll see). Use a heat gun.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks for the postings about your modifications. I would like to do something eventually to make my E different from the others.

I'm not sure what it means to "clear" your headlights. I looked at the DIY area on that Civic site, and the instructions for clearing headlights seemed to end halfway through -- with the headlight disassembled. I never did grasp what "clearing" means.

Also, curious as to why you lowered your E? I was thinking that one of the minor complaints about the E as it comes from the factory is that its clearance is already a bit low.

Thanks again for posting. As you can probably tell, I've never modified a car, but this E is the first one I've had that is fun enough to make me think about tinkering with it

- Steve

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Clearing refers to removing the amber piece from the healight. It cleans it up giving it a more "clear" look.
Well, the reason behind lowering it is becasue I LOVElow cars, trucks whatever. I have my fiances daily driven Civic's front bumper about 2.75" off the ground. It has all of about 2" of suspension movement before it bottoms out. The E has barely any suspension movement left in it now. Personally I dont care. Yeah you may be thinking, you have a brand new car and you have it lowered to the point that it can easily bottom out. I dont acre how it rides, just as long as its low. I have a '59 Chevy truck that I removed leaf springs out of until the whole thing rode on bump stops. Thats not the best ride quality (wait, that isnt any ride quality). But I didnt care casue its low. I get a lot of slack due to this, but oh well. Eventually I want the E and my Civic on air ride suspension laid out. Its just all about personal expression, tastes and the impression it gives. I heavily show the Civic(heck it won first at the NOPI Natls last year) and I will be doing the same with the E soon. Its all a matter of time, money, and determination.

·
Registered
48 Posts
[quote:9dc303e286="Ellegirl"]I was wondering the same about the civic springs, Will the hold up the E cause I am sure that it weighs more than the civic...

JE_ELEMENT_TN: I was just wanting to say hi and find out alittle about your element...cause you are in my area....So what color do you have...are you going to do any mods to it... :D[/quote:9dc303e286]

Shoreline Mist. Now: No emblems on back, grill ordered from GMC(thanks Jason). When grill gets in, clearing my lights. Soon to be painting the pannels to match. I sure do miss leather, so maby the interior. I'm in Hermitage.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oooooooohhhh An actual denali grill. How much that set you back?? Cant wait to see those pics!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think a Denali grill will really rock on the E. Please be sure and post pix.

peace,
-jdef

·
Registered
48 Posts
[quote:560f65ba9b="Turtle"]oooooooohhhh An actual denali grill. How much that set you back?? Cant wait to see those pics!![/quote:560f65ba9b]

:twisted: Lets just put it this way. I could have got the fog lights for the amount of $$$MONEY$$$ I spent. :twisted:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for posting this, you made me clear my lights because of the awesome look. I did it on Saturday, not a problem @ all ...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts