Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
I did a little checking on this thing and here's what i got. Most of the die-cast cars made for Honda Direct Marketing are built by a company called Ebbro. I checked their website and so far It's not a regular offering. However, if the Japanese version of the E (Go Open) hits it big, I would strongly suspect that Ebbro will cast more of these and will be available for a reasonable price. There is a hobby shop in Japan I regularly do business with and they are a large Ebbro dealer. I will keep checking with them on the availability.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Here's the story.....Honda America will not allow model cars be sold in the US without a liscense agreement. Apparently someone is working on it. This is why Ebbro cannot sell Honda in the US.

I travel to Japan and Asia for work so I will see if I can find some out of country.

·
Registered
352 Posts
If my connection in Japan gets some, I will buy as many as I can afford and sell them for my cost. I'll be in touch.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's right, I looked into this a little deeper after seeing the astronomic price the one on Ebay was going for. I spoke with one of my contacts at HONDA USA and he said that there should be Diecast E's available in the next 30-45 days. There is a licensing situation pending, but he claims it should be ironed out by then. He also mentioned that there should be an array of colors available, not just SOP! He will contact me when they are available and I will share the information as soon as possible with you fellow "Elementists".
I suggested that these little "gems" be given to all Element buyers as a collectable and keepsake, or at least at a reduced rate. He said they will look into it.
HANG ON GUYS, WILL KEEP YOU POSTED! :wink:

BWDave.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know the one on Ebay is really high, but I have to admit for being a limited edition I would love to buy it. I did bid on it early on, but got to rich for my blood. I know they will be out possibly in few months, but this one is unique and a limited run, also in color I have on order.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Speaking as a person who has restored matchbox, hot wheels and other miniature cars. If they don't offer one in your color, don't worry about it, your color (or any other color) can be duplicated. When they start making them again, I will have an Eternal Blue Pearl one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thank you for your interest and inquiry.
We are very grad to hear your advice.

I'm heartily sorry to say, at this moment we do not have a
plan to sell "Honda Element" die-cast model. This is simply
because Honda is not selling "Honda Element" in Japanese
market. In addition, our dept. is under the control of domestic
(i.e. Japanese) sales division.

There might be huge possibility for us to sell "Honda
Element" die-cast model after the release of real car in Japan.
But, even at that moment, we cannot send the die-cast model to
foreign address. Of course, we can send the product to your
friend's or relative's address in Japan.

It would be very kind of you to understand the situation.

Best Regards,

Honda Direct Marketing Corp. E-commerce Team

·
Registered
352 Posts
Those prices are really nuts. I'll lay and wait until it becomes available (probably in japan first). For what there getting for them on ebay, I can own one of every color made at about $28 each.

·
Registered
80 Posts
ive been collecting diecast cars for years and im sure matchbox ,hotwheels ,or playing mantis will have it out soon.they already have the new vw bus concept.so we might see elements in the future. and they will cost .99

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.