Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the title excited many ppl. But it hasn't happened yet. Someone needs to buy a VW engine 1.9tdi and swap it out. does anyone know if that would even work/possible without the engine bay? without spending like $10k on doing it. u can get one for 3K on ebay. i think that would be so sick

·
Registered
557 Posts
I think german engines are gross. I've owned 3 (Audi a6, '68Porsche 911, 2000 New Beetle) and all of them the engines broke... the Beetle still requires constant repair.

I'd just as quickly take an Element, or any other Honda, and drop a 350 in it. Awww yeah!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
That was the best thing ive read. I already said if I won the lottery, I calling my parts place(high $ new cars) and buying a full corvette rolling chassis for $12k and having it fitted under my SC, SC-Z06, total sleeper.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
You could prolly make it work, with a bit of effort and $. Making it work w/ the AWD prolly wouldn't be worth it.

The 1.9TDi (and other VW oil burners) are popular swaps into Suzuki Samari and Sidekicks. FarfugZukin baby!

I think I'd start with a different vehicle than the Element....

maybe an old Rabbit or Caddy truck w/ a new TDi motor.

Or get a diesel Honda motor & computer from Europe.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Yeah, I would guess it would be much cheaper and easier to use the CR-V diesel from Europe instead of cross breeding VW and Honda. I think it could be very difficult to get all of the components to mesh up just right.

·
Registered
557 Posts
a full corvette rolling chassis for $12k and having it fitted under my SC, SC-Z06, total sleeper.
AWwwwwwww yeah!

I would actually just go the extra mile, get a Peterbuilt or a Cummins diesel, take out the back seats, put in a huge firewall, mount it in the trunk and have truck stacks, and stiffer suspension...

But Corvette would be great underneath. It may actually be cheaper to get an LS1 Engine built to a Caprice Chassis and drop the entire element Body onto that, you'd have a wider wheel base, super huge radiator, the whole shabang.

I guess the Diesel V engine would be the "practical":-( choice though. Considering, I belive the engines are exactly identical in Element and Cr-v? I have the K24a1.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Forget the K series. Swap in a J series (V6 accord, Odyssey) engine into the Element! Mated up to a 6 speed manual....woohoo! The biggest hurdles would be custom engine mounts & custom harness. The best thing is a j series can be had for relatively cheap.
You can't beat 200wtq @ 2000rpm...and it's all oem goodness.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts