Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm considering buying an Element and I see that there's about $2000 difference between the EX & LX. The salesmen at the dealerships I've gone to have no clue.... " hey Bob, find me the Element brochure will ya? ".
Oh yeah, I forgot...I want an AWD.
Here's what I found out. If you guys know of anything else or see something false here, please let me know. Thanks, MsKoz

1. LX has no iPod port
2 .LX has steel, not alloy rims
3. Rear seats in LX are not treated with the stuff the front seats are.
EX has all 4 seats treated.
4. LX has 4 speaker radio....EX has 7 speaker plus subwoofer
5. LX has Black composite fenders, EX's are painted car color

·
Moderator Eh?
12,105 Posts
Hello,
I'm considering buying an Element and I see that there's about $2000 difference between the EX & LX. The salesmen at the dealerships I've gone to have no clue.... " hey Bob, find me the Element brochure will ya? ".
Here's what I found out. If you guys know of anything else or see something false here, please let me know. Thanks, MsKoz

1. LX has no iPod port

The Ex has 7 speakers inluding subwoofer.

The EX has an overhead storage bin with maps lights.
Dual visor mounted vanity mirrors.
Driver side seat back bungees.
Driver and passnger front armrests.
XM radio.
MP3/WMA Playback Capability.

More info here: http://automobiles.honda.com/element/specifications.aspx?group=all

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hello,

1. LX has no iPod port
Not trying to pick nits... but just to make sure we don't spread incorrect info... the EX has 7 speakers including the subwoofer.

·
Registered
847 Posts
And what I've used a ton almost daily since upgrading from LX to EX

Steering wheel radio controls :)

Oh yeah, plus you get a rear 12v outlet and keyless entry.

The things I appreciate most on the EX over my LX are the keyless entry, map lights, steering wheel radio controls, better stereo & speakers.

What I miss, I really used the heck out of that storage space below the radio in the LX. I'm constantly trying to remember where I put my wallet & phone now. :rolleyes: Still on the fence about the painted panels since it's new.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
The LX has keyless entry now. My 03 EX didnt have it, though...

·
Registered
847 Posts
I stand corrected, just glanced at the spec's from the link above. The keyless wasn't standard on my '06 LX either.

Did notice I missed another EX/LX difference. The chrome exhaust tip is standard now on the EX too. I thought the dealer had put it there. Not like I really cared or wanted it, just thought I'd gotten free...not!:cool:

·
Registered
831 Posts
YES This is a list of the LX safty goodies
Safety Features
3-Point Seat Belts at all Seating Positions
Front 3-Point Seat Belts with Automatic Tensioning System
Side Curtain Airbags with Rollover Sensor
Front Side Airbags with Passenger-Side Occupant Position Detection System (OPDS)
Dual-Stage, Dual-Threshold Front Airbags (SRS)
Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD)
Vehicle Stability Assist ™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
Brake Assist
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Side-Impact Door Beams
Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH)
Immobilizer Theft-Deterrent System

·
Registered
14 Posts
iPod Port

The EX doesn't have an iPod port. It simply has an auxiliary jack in the dash next to the 12 V Power port. Though this is acceptable for playing your iPod library in your E. The problem is that it can't be controlled by the radio controls. Now I am not sure if there is the option of having a true iPod jack installed. I know some of the other Honda models have it standard or offered as an option. If the iPod port is standard on the EX then please let me know where it is, as I would love to be able to control it from my radio controls versus having to distract myself buy controlling the iPod from the touch wheel.

Hello,

1. LX has no iPod port

·
Registered
1 Posts
Keyless entry?

How do i find out if my girlfriends element has keyless entry?
she bought it used and it came with one key.
I want to buy a fob for it but don't know if it has the capability.

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
How do i find out if my girlfriends element has keyless
entry?
For MY 2005, keyless was standard with EX, optional with LX. So first determine whether your GF's Element is an EX by the features listed in post #2 above, or use the VIN Decoder stickied in Ask the Dealer.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hello,

1. LX has no iPod port
Do they both have the power plug in the back?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ex's do not have painted composites unless they are EX-P. My 04 EX has grey composite, not Black.

I'm a new owner of four months. Love my ele.

From my research the ex-p is the fully painted body and the base ex has the composite. So when discussing painted composite I assume we are talking about colored composite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
Do they both have the power plug in the back?
No, only the EX.

From my research the ex-p is the fully painted body and the base ex has the composite. So when discussing painted composite I assume we are talking about colored composite?
The EX-P designation was MY 2006 only, and the outer fender panels were painted plastic, not metal.
MYs 2007 and 2008 had black plastic on the LX and body color-painted plastic on the EX.
From MY 2009 onward, fenders were body color-painted steel across trim levels.

It's all in the charts.

http://www.skidmore.edu/~pdwyer/e/specs/2003.htm
http://www.skidmore.edu/~pdwyer/e/specs/2004.htm
http://www.skidmore.edu/~pdwyer/e/specs/2005.htm
http://www.skidmore.edu/~pdwyer/e/specs/2006.htm
http://www.skidmore.edu/~pdwyer/e/specs/2007.htm
http://www.skidmore.edu/~pdwyer/e/specs/2008.htm
http://www.skidmore.edu/~pdwyer/e/specs/2009.htm

Honda has removed all references to the Element from its Certified Pre-Owned library, and there are no charts for MYs 2010–11 LX and EX or for any SCs on my site because I unfortunately didn't copy that data before it went away.

·
Banned
1 Posts
Honestly wish I had gone with LX over EX for those plastic body panel parts. Would've been perfect for leaning a bike against without worrying about scratching up the paint.

·
Registered
524 Posts
On the EX-P the panels are indeed plastic but are painted. IIRC 2006 was the first year for the -P flavor..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts