Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apart from the speedometer/odometer being in primary kms vs miles, are there any other differences? I'm looking for a 2007 or 2008 Element so any info on these years would be appreciated. Did US Elements have daytime running lights in 2007/08?
Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
No daytime running lights on U.S. Elements - that's the only other difference I'm aware of. Canucks who bought U.S. Elements and imported them, had to have the daytime running lights done with an after-market kit at Canadian Tire, or similar. Around a $400 "fix".

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
It is not the taxes that is the issue....It is the price of the vevicle before taxes.
Ouch! was thinking it was the VAT (haven't lived in Canada since that went in) - guess its just the hold-over from the old difference in currency value.

·
12,180 Posts
Ouch! was thinking it was the VAT (haven't lived in Canada since that went in) - guess its just the hold-over from the old difference in currency value.

Thankfully the GST (goods & services tax) was dropped to 5%. The 8,000 difference goes into Hondas pockets. That doesn't effect me too much. What does hurt me dirrectly is the price difference between US & Canadian parts and accessory prices.

My apologies to Box Car Willy for the off topic stray.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I buy all my parts and accessories in NY State.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not only is the E $8000. more in Canada before taxes but now Honda dealers in the USA have been ordered not to sell vehicle to Canadians.

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
Grumble

The Canadian washer reservoir also holds more fluid than the U.S. version. Apparently Honda didn't consider that the lower-48 states that border Canada (3,400 miles) also get snow. Not to mention, you know, Alaska. That's the kind of "We can save $0.02 per unit" crap that I associate with GM and Ford.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts