Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apart from the speedometer/odometer being in primary kms vs miles, are there any other differences? I'm looking for a 2007 or 2008 Element so any info on these years would be appreciated. Did US Elements have daytime running lights in 2007/08?
Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
No daytime running lights on U.S. Elements - that's the only other difference I'm aware of. Canucks who bought U.S. Elements and imported them, had to have the daytime running lights done with an after-market kit at Canadian Tire, or similar. Around a $400 "fix".

·
Retired.
12,183 Posts
Ouch! was thinking it was the VAT (haven't lived in Canada since that went in) - guess its just the hold-over from the old difference in currency value.

Thankfully the GST (goods & services tax) was dropped to 5%. The 8,000 difference goes into Hondas pockets. That doesn't effect me too much. What does hurt me dirrectly is the price difference between US & Canadian parts and accessory prices.

My apologies to Box Car Willy for the off topic stray.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I buy all my parts and accessories in NY State.

·
Premium Member
14,898 Posts
Grumble

The Canadian washer reservoir also holds more fluid than the U.S. version. Apparently Honda didn't consider that the lower-48 states that border Canada (3,400 miles) also get snow. Not to mention, you know, Alaska. That's the kind of "We can save $0.02 per unit" crap that I associate with GM and Ford.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.