Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright, here's the deal. I love my E, but I have never owned a car that did not have room for anything! I removed the factory sub (which I had bypassed due to installing a Eclipse 4430) and will be putting a 5 channel amplifier in that space behind the cover. I know that I can fit the amp I am looking at as well as the crossovers for the front components behind there and hide everything. I will be running a thin woofer enclosure that I can easily remove if I need the space.

My question is has anyone here tried this yet? I have not seen this done, and didn't know if there was a good reason not to do it.

Any feedback would help.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I measured the space and the sub and I will be able to fit two crossovers and one five channel that is 12" long, 2" high and 7" wide.

I should have plenty of room for the cables and wiring, but just wanted to see if anyone else had tried this yet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Allright, got the amp in, but it did not fit into the stock subwoofer location. It fit, but I did not take into account the RCA's. If I did the four channel it would have fit.

I did still use the dead space from removing the stock sub to mount the crossovers for the front components. I had the amp mounted on the back wall above the cubby and will have a trim plate done for it soon, just ran out of time.

·
Registered
756 Posts
No pics...where are the pics!! :-D

John

Allright, got the amp in, but it did not fit into the stock subwoofer location. It fit, but I did not take into account the RCA's. If I did the four channel it would have fit.

I did still use the dead space from removing the stock sub to mount the crossovers for the front components. I had the amp mounted on the back wall above the cubby and will have a trim plate done for it soon, just ran out of time.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi guy I found this thread while searching for amp mounting options. And was wondering where else has anyone mounted theirs. I was gonna mount mine like in the picture here but my amp is way to big for that spot. So just wanted to know if someone has any ideas and maybe some pix of yours.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hoping to find spots too. I've got a very long Class A Soundstream amp that probably won't fit up front and might get too hot if it did, but hoping to find a 5 ch class D amp that will.

Looks like the only other available amp spaces are: where the spare sits, or in the side pockets mid and rear of the E.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have an old Phoenix Gold M44 that I struggled with a location for because of its size. I contemplated ditching the spare tire and using that space for the amp and sub. Although I have never used a spare tire in my 20 years driving, I knew if I took it out that would be the kiss of death. I ended up mounting the amp to the bottom of the passenger rear seat. All of the wires exit by the hinge, that way I don't loose the ability to fold up the seat.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been running this amp on the side location for over a year and love it. It stays out of the way, allows me to fold up the seats and works great. I have changed my sub to the Stealth Enclosure to save space. Plenty of power for the fronts, rears and sub without using too much room.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts