Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone ever swapped out their seatbelts (front, back, both?) with a different color? I think the FLAME RED at this link would look pretty cool in my E: http://www.seatbeltsplus.com/product/WSCH201P.html

I searched a while on the forums, and maybe I'm just a noob, but couldn't find anyone talking about switching out the factory belts for new ones, much less colored ones.

I would be interested in knowing how difficult of a project this would be and if there are better resources for colored seatbelt webbing. I figured I could just use the hardware that is already installed, just replace the Nylon webbing. Any wise experts wanna pitch in on exactly what 3 point belt I should aim for? Several to choose from http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.net/industrial-vehicles.html

Ok. Hit me. Ideas?

·
Registered
114 Posts
i'm not 100% on this but on another forum i frequent that a lot of members do a lot of custom work, if you were to replace/remove/modify any of the safety equipment in a car, your company would have a reason to automatically void your policy and deny your claims on those grounds.

again i'm not 100% on that but i've really delved into it since i've had a reason to replace a seatbelt with anything other oem.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Chances are, those will not be compatible with the SRS setup in your E.
Why wouldn't they be? As long as he can get a belt with a Honda compatible metal part, he'd be fine. There's no reason for him to use their buckle. Heck, it looks like he might even be able to transplant the metal flap from the OEM ones to these new belts.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Have you tried any of the companies that work with the airline industry? They re-web seat belts and shoulder harnesses in the color of your choice and usually reuse your hardware and attachment fittings, then certify that it meets an FAA spec. You might check at your local airport with a mechanic to find out if a company is available to do it in your location.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Is this just for the fabric? If so, my apologies.
If this includes the tensioner and buckle on the seat, they probably won't plug into the SRS setup.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys! Thanks for all the responses.

I personally am just looking to exchange the webbing/nylon/fabric/whatever of the seat belt. I plan on using all the stock hardware, meaning the buckles and retracting parts.

Keep all the good ideas coming. Surely we have an isurance person E owner that could weigh in on this kind of stuff to keep us kosher?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It will probably still be a few months before I pull the trigger on the seat belts. I just wanted o encourage anyone who stumbles across this thread to post their ideas, keep the discussion going... especially if they've messed with seat belts before, or tried what I have in mind.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Our company won't touch seat belts because of the liability. There are a handful of companies out there that will re-strap your belts using your hardware. We have done this on several occasions with customers we make custom aircraft and hot rod interiors for. There is a down side, it can be expensive expensive and the color choices can be limited. I will look up some of the companies we have used an post back later.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts