Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else annoyed by the constant beeping when you are trying to enjoy the stereo with the drivers door open?

Is there an easy way to disable this beeping? I don't want to loose my dome light when I open the drivers door. Just that beep, beep, beep.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Try this 1.Get in your E and close the door. 2. Put your key in the ignition switch and turn to the accessory position so radio will work. 3. Your beeper will beep for a short time and then go OFF. 4. Now open the door and the beeper shold not come back ON. :mrgreen: Let me know how you make out.

·
Registered
195 Posts
That only works if you put the key in the II position (with the engine dash lights etc on). If you go into position I for radio only, you cannot disable that beeping without closing the driver's side door.

Drew

·
Registered
211 Posts
If I only knew exactly where this annoying little beeper was, I could design a circuit to bypass it at the push of a momentary switch, and then have a relay reset it the next time the vehicle was started so all the warnings stll worked. It seems to be under the wheel somewhere, but I don't feel like taking the dash apart right now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The easiest way to stop the annoying buzzer is to mechanically keep the rubber covered spring activated switch on the driver's door depressed. How you do it is up to you, but if you need help being creative let me know. For permanency, screw a swivel cover about 2" above the switch.

BW

·
Registered
118 Posts
located the little beeper under the dash and simply unplugged it! I haven't looked for it under the E's dash yet, but I do find it mildly annoying and may just do that. :wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I too wish to disable this annoying little device! In my 84 civic s hatch I found the little bugger and smothered the little devil with a wad of chewing gum! It still tried but could not out beep my stereo! I will end up doing the same thing to the elemental. I see so many liknesses between it and the simple 84 civic I bet I can overcome this problem in this manner. I just have not takin the time to do it yet. P.S. turning the key to ignite...or on is harmful and should not be practiced..... silmetmet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts