Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow we will be getting some graphics on our hatch back window. I want to disable the rear wiper so I don't mess up the graphics accidentally. I figure I will just disconnect the wires at the wiper motor. I would like to know how easy it is to get the interior rear panel cover off and back on.

I only noticed one screw.

From experience I know I can usually get things off, but---

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts
Welcome, Phillyjim. The garnish is easy to remove. Sometimes some clips will stay on the metal side and have to be put back on the garnish, and occasionally a clip will break, but no biggie. There are threads on installing a rear hatch release mechanism and on deleting the rear wiper. You should find some good info there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I probably spent over an hour searching for threads that covered that before I wrote. I guess I just didn't use the right search term.

·
EOC Rank: Crankypants
14,898 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Andy14120, thanks. I considered that, but, my rear wiper is very quiet. I could turn it on by accident and have it run until the motor burns out without realizing it. I scotched that idea.

RamblerDan, thanks for the links. I went thru those yesterday in the hour plus I spent hunting around. I was hoping to see some level of detail like Honda provides in installation instructions in their service manuals. Most of what I found was more like Chiltons. There are some pdf's around that show a lot of detail, just not for the hatch gate.

I know I can get the panel off. But, I am kind of heavy handed and everything I get off, doesn't always go back on. As a result I try to be very cautious.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts