Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the manual, a passager leans sideways into the deployment path, side airbag will shut itself off and the "SIDE AIRBAG OFF" cutoff indicator light will turn on. I tried it several times in my friend's "E" and it didn't seem to work. Any idea why didn't it work? Does anyone with side airbags make it work?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Did your "Side Airbags Off" light come on?

My wife's Odyssey works the same way, I think it has to do with not breaking a person's neck if they happen to be sleeping when you're slammed in the side by that semi. It goes off when kids sit there too. But kids should never sit in the front seat, right?

·
Registered
159 Posts
It will only turn off if the occupant of the seat is a child or a very small adult. There is a weight sensor, I suppose.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote:7b6ec25c2c="Kayakin' Dan"]Did your "Side Airbags Off" light come on?

My wife's Odyssey works the same way, I think it has to do with not breaking a person's neck if they happen to be sleeping when you're slammed in the side by that semi. It goes off when kids sit there too. But kids should never sit in the front seat, right?[/quote:7b6ec25c2c]

no, the "side airbags off" light didn't come on no matter what I do. I even tried to sit on "lightly" to simulate a child weight. I wonder if anyone ever made the "side airbags off" light on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts