Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disaster has struck! I leaned my 6' double sided fiberglass step ladder against the shed while getting the lawn mower out. I ran to the house to grab something really quick when out of nowhere a HUGE gust of wind comes through and I hear a "CRACK" sound. Grumbling to myself, I head back to pick up the damn ladder and find that it SMASHED MY REAR GLASS!!! :shock:

It must've almost THROWN the ladder against the car, it hit so hard it bent the metal underneath! :???:

As I'm standing there calling my insurance, I can hear the glass continuing to crack and pop out, resulting in the rest of the window looking like this:

Luckily I DO have comprehensive glass coverage on my insurance so no out of pocket expense. Unluckily, the first 4 glass places and the local Honda dealer only could get the glass Wed. afternoon :mad: Luckily, the 5th glass place has it and can install it right away in the morning. Unluckily, it's supposed to rain tomorrow. Luckily he can replace it immediately in the morning, hopefully before the rain.

So I'm off to trash-bag-tape my window and be a redneck for a night (shaddap Brawsie!). I'll post pics of the band-aid in a bit.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Ouch, dude! Sorry about your window.

On the bright side now would be the time to do all those mods you have always wanted to do if that glass hadn't always been in the way.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Wow, that's terrible! And exactly the type of thing that is likely to happen to me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Almost got a heart attack when I saw the pictures of the beautiful TRP.:-( Glad you have the glass coverage. Good luck with the rain and such!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Dang, seems like you can't win for loosing! Sorry to see that happen to you. Glad the insurance will take care of it!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
OW OW OW OW OW!

That sucks so bad, I wish it didn't suck so bad! So so sorry dude.:-(

The TRP demands the following atonement:

1. Gather all of the broken glass into one pile on the ground.
2. Strip
3. Roll in the pile while saying "it will not leave the ladder unattended near the TRP."
4. repeat #3 until dizzy from blood loss.
5. Post pics.

That sucks a big wet turd...:-(

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Oh how that sucks! What kind of ladder did this? An 8 footer made from solid cast iron?

Hope the repair gets done to your satisfaction!

Sorry Twi!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Surprised the windshield didn't crack too!:lol:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Walked UNDER ladder

Disaster has struck! I leaned my 6' double sided fiberglass step ladder against the shed while getting the lawn mower out. I ran to the house to grab something really quick when out of nowhere a HUGE gust of wind comes through and I hear a "CRACK" sound. Grumbling to myself, I head back to pick up the damn ladder and find that it SMASHED MY REAR GLASS!!! :shock:

It must've almost THROWN the ladder against the car, it hit so hard it bent the metal underneath! :???:

As I'm standing there calling my insurance, I can hear the glass continuing to crack and pop out, resulting in the rest of the window looking like this:

Luckily I DO have comprehensive glass coverage on my insurance so no out of pocket expense. Unluckily, the first 4 glass places and the local Honda dealer only could get the glass Wed. afternoon :mad: Luckily, the 5th glass place has it and can install it right away in the morning. Unluckily, it's supposed to rain tomorrow. Luckily he can replace it immediately in the morning, hopefully before the rain.

So I'm off to trash-bag-tape my window and be a redneck for a night (shaddap Brawsie!). I'll post pics of the band-aid in a bit.

You walked under ladder before going into house?

C

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh how that sucks! What kind of ladder did this? An 8 footer made from solid cast iron?
wow - can I say that's a damn good ladder you have there! That's an impressive dent in the side...
It's Keller 6' double side Type IA heavy duty fiberglass ladder. The top is a solid chunk of extruded aluminum and it hit on one of the corners:

See that sinister gleam on the top? Clearly this ladder had bad intentions from the start! :mad:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I called a few friends to come over and give extra hands for the cleanup and patch job. Of course my friends are also insane (obviously, if they're willing to hang around anywhere near me) and so this took a turn for the weird...

We carefully broke out the cracked glass except for the glued parts and collected as much as we could on garbage bags. Then it's time cor cleanup, and Ariel was having WAY too much fun running the shop vac in the back of the E:

Then her boyfriend John (otherwise known as "sexy b!tch") decided she was getting too much attention and attempted to look the part of his nickname, which failed miserably:

Next was a quick run to the hardware store since all I had in the house was mini duct tape, at about 1" wide. While there I came upon some RR duct tape and decided it would be a nice match for the TRP. One sliced double-layer contractor bag and a bit of taping (the bag and each other) later, and voila:

I decided I would X over the plastic also for a bit of added strength in case I need to go on the highway, as well as patch a tiny hole or 2 that somehow got made while putting it up:

Of course then I just HAD to remark that it would look cool with a skull and crossbones on it...

...and this is what I get for opening my big mouth:

So that's how it's gonna be until the repair tomorrow. And you thought my car couldn't get more ghetto! :lol:

At this point I haven't told my wife about it (since she's at work) and I'm highly curious what she's going to say when I roll up like this...

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Maybe it will be a cool new mod that everyone will copy . . . :rolleyes:

I'm sure your wife will love it- let us know her reaction!

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
keep up posted!!!!! ouch!

what did i say about ladder safety???? ah ah.... u like to live life dangerously....now u know the consequences!

1 - 20 of 110 Posts