Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a Honda Element 2007 EX 2WD Automatic, love it. However when I bought the car, there was always this almost blackish dirt on the front paneling (in my case, a beige panel - the color of my car is named by the factory "Galaxy Grey"...but it looks goldish). Anyhow, the panel I am talking about is the colored one that covers the airbag for the passenger seat, and is above and around the instrument panel for the driver.

Any ideas how to get rid of this discoloration? I had an auto shop try to remove it but it just smeared all over. There has to be some way to restore the original color! I really don't want to replace those panels...and I'm not sure if I even can. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Another option, giving the texture and material would be to possibly try a clay bar. I have no idea if it will work but might be worth a shot.

Try in an inconspicuous area first, though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tried isopropyl alcohol and mr. clean magic eraser

Tried isopropyl alcohol, no results.

Tried Mr. Clean magic eraser, no results.

I'll try an auto detailing clay bar next. Any other suggestions are welcome! Thanks for the replies so far everyone!

·
Registered
644 Posts
I also have a 2007 Galaxy Grey Element with the beige dash panels. I am having the same problem with discoloration of the dash above the speedometer/tach. That is the only spot with the problem. Car is parked in a parking garage during the hot part of the day, so it is not the hot sun causing the problem. Might be some type of defect in the material if it is happening to others also. The E is out of warranty, so can't drive in the the dealer and tell them to fix it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Is it the color underneath coming through? Or some type of grease? Maybe do a small test with dish soap or try ww40 ...maybe it is oil based and will come off. Can you post a picture so we can see.

My Element is a 2011 and I am having an opposite problem. White marked where the plastic bends or gets bumped. :(

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine has this as well, although I have cleaned it several times. To me It just looks like the plastic is discoloring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts