Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DT has such great prices and good reviews here we want to order tires and rims, eventually. There is a company called Tire Van that will have you ship them there, they come to your house and for $30 (from what I can tell) put on and balance the tires.

Had anyone had any experience ordering through the post and/or with Tire van?

Also, when DT has a list of installers, I'm assuming that means they are DT approved and the tires can be sent there. Is this right?

Rims are rims, it's the size that matters. Is this right? I'm not grasping why one rim is $85 and another $300. I'm not sure if it's a fundamental quality issue or more of an aesthetic.

Thoughts are much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
DT has such great prices and good reviews here we want to order tires and rims, eventually. There is a company called Tire Van that will have you ship them there, they come to your house and for $30 (from what I can tell) put on and balance the tires.

Had anyone had any experience ordering through the post and/or with Tire van?

Also, when DT has a list of installers, I'm assuming that means they are DT approved and the tires can be sent there. Is this right?

Rims are rims, it's the size that matters. Is this right? I'm not grasping why one rim is $85 and another $300. I'm not sure if it's a fundamental quality issue or more of an aesthetic.

Thoughts are much appreciated.
I am not sure about the Tire Van but I like the concept if it works in your area. Seems like a portable service that could work for re-balance and rotations as well.

Yes, We can ship to our recommended installers, you will need to call in your order for us to set this up.

Rims are rims?... Not really. There are a lot of things that decide price differences. Some you can see, some you can't, some may mean something to you, some may not. A few deciding factors are; finish, material, construction type, manufacturer location, brand name, demand, warranty.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I have heard of Tire Van, and I almost worked for them. It is a good idea, but i dont know about the other part of your question..

Where in Northern VA are you? I ask bc Im also in Northern VA...In the Leesburg, Sterling, Reston area

1 - 3 of 3 Posts