Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New to having a E and I love it! I love all the cool stuff I can do.

So since i got my E i have had a problem with my right arm and what to do with it. I like leaning and pushing on the passenger seat wasnt comfy for me. I decided i needed something to lean on and I didnt like the idea of the drivers side arm rest, even the 'Deluxe model' with storage. So i was talking to my dad and we thought of an idea and we executed. 4 Parts, 2 stores with the use of some tools I got an armrest that I actually love!

AutoZone
- Bully/Bench Console PN: CN-101 Price: $34.99 (Part Number: CN-101 Alternate Part Number: 30015)

Home Depot
- (4) Everbilt 8 in. Zinc Plated Corner Brace - $4.91 (Model # 15215 Internet # 202033926 Store SKU # 243094)
- (2) Crown Bolt #10 x 1-1/4 in. Stainless-Steel Pan-Head Phillips Sheet Metal Screws (8-Pack) (Model # 45954 Store SKU # 343099 $2.74 each)
- (2) Crown Bolt 1/4 in. Zinc-Plated Nuts, Washers and Lock Washers (10-Pieces) (PN: Model # 00517 Internet # 202249566 Store SKU # 279473) ($2.36 each pack)

Optional:
Black or Gray Rust-Oleum Spray Paint (Spray the night before and allow time to dry)

Tools Needed:
Drill with 1/4 bit and a 1/2 inch bit
Phillips screw driver
Socket Set

TIP:
Disconnect your battery before starting
(I like to take a picture of my radio So i know the stations so i dont have to guess.)

1)Fist step remove both seats

2) Unscrew the Cup Holder from the Console and pop it out. also remove CD rack from under the armrest

3) Turn over armrest and line up bracket to the edge and drill holes through, poke phillips head through the material and put the washers on top and lock washers on bottom. tighten all 4 and stand it up like a table

4) Place Drivers seat back in the car and adjust seat to where you usually sit. Place the console in and get a feel for proper arm position. Move the console back or forth (keep in mind the ebrake so dont put too forward.)

5) After positioning the seat i was happy. When lined up right we drilled holes through the "flat center console" as an anchor.

6) Now that all the holes are predrilled take the console out of the car, bring to your bench and put washers, lock washers and nuts onto the console and make them one.

7)Put back in the car, tighten seats back up.

Close up

Console Opened to show interior. I will throw out the cd rack due to the elimination of the cd and my love to mp3

8) Project Done

Hope this gives you guys some idea's. Took about 2-3 hours and I love it! the 8" brackets were the perfect height for me.

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Very nice, matches the interior too. Great job, and thanks for all the pictures!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your welcome, Personally I love it. I'm a leaner and this works great. I went on a road trip last night and just smiled the entire way!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am definitely going to do this!!! Just one question... do I use the screws along with the washers and lockwashers to attach the bracket to the console? I am assuming that the nuts don't get used?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are you still able to easily pull the e-brake? I love the idea and would like to do it, but since I drive a manual, I use it all the time...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts