Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always wanted an SC center console but at over $250 bucks it was not in my future so i decided to make my own. tell me what you guys think.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Plans, more pictures and step by step instructions or we'll be forced to think it was made by console gnomes and left on your doorstep :grin:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plans, more pictures and step by step instructions or we'll be forced to think it was made by console gnomes and left on your doorstep :grin:
I hate to say it but it was really a spur of the moment kind of thing. it was alot of just guess and check but basically.
I used 1 piece of 3/4" MDF, About 20 Screws, a circular saw, Jig saw, 2 Cup holder that i got from my families Yacht parts shipping company. and a can or black spray paint

MDF = $10
Screws = free
Cup holders = free
spray paint = $5

Link to the cup holders i used: http://www.iboats.com/Recessed-Cup-Holder-3-1-4-x4-Black-Seasense/dm/cart_id.181307906--session_id.529802652--view_id.237786

·
Registered
510 Posts
lol E brake inside the console... FANTASTICALLY GHETTO! (this is a compliment... see ghettoextreme roof rack thread) honestly it looks very freakin nice... i like it, i may also steal yo junk =) well done.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've been thinking about making something like that...hoping Honda would offer one at a good price. What about blocking the subwoofer?
I hate my low console...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've been thinking about making something like that...hoping Honda would offer one at a good price. What about blocking the subwoofer?
I hate my low console...
blocking the sub was my first thought. would think it could cause some nasty rattles or buzzing. looks nice and clean though and beats the crap out of paying $250.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
blocking the sub was my first thought. would think it could cause some nasty rattles or buzzing. looks nice and clean though and beats the crap out of paying $250.
0 buzz or rattle I actually think it makes the sub a little louder because it sends the vibrations through the space. the thing is wedged in there tight to the point of me almost not being able to get it out. solid as a rock.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
G,

Nice work... Hey, since your fam's got the hookup, how about those 12v fans...? You know the kind that got the suction cups on 'em so we can run 'em out the back for those warm summer days with the tailgate down...? You did say yacht supplies but I was just wondering...:?

Just throwing it out there buddy...! Not saying to steal 'em, 8) just maybe find out how much the real cost is... PM me if you want...

LBD

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
G,

Nice work... Hey, since your fam's got the hookup, how about those 12v fans...? You know the kind that got the suction cups on 'em so we can run 'em out the back for those warm summer days with the tailgate down...? You did say yacht supplies but I was just wondering...:?

Just throwing it out there buddy...! Not saying to steal 'em, 8) just maybe find out how much the real cost is... PM me if you want...

LBD
http://www.iboats.com/Boat-Cooling-Heating/dm/cart_id.181307906--session_id.346557837--view_id.257677

·
Registered
1,037 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
just a thought

Okay, the emergency/park brake is in the console. You could add one hole near the cup holders, attach a pulley to the roof, fasten one end of a flourescent rope to the brake via the added hole, and drape it over the pulley, with the word EMERGENCY on the free end of the rope.

Way Cool novel mod. You could even have the EMERGENCY illuminated, from a 12 VDC /LED, but I suppose that should be a separate mod altogether.

:grin:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Okay, the emergency/park brake is in the console. You could add one hole near the cup holders, attach a pulley to the roof, fasten one end of a flourescent rope to the brake via the added hole, and drape it over the pulley, with the word EMERGENCY on the free end of the rope.

Way Cool novel mod. You could even have the EMERGENCY illuminated, from a 12 VDC /LED, but I suppose that should be a separate mod altogether.

:grin:
- - :lol: - - - - - - - - - - :lol: - - - - - - - - - - :lol: - - - - - - - - - - :lol: - - - - - - - - - - :lol: - - - - - - - - - - :lol: - -
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa...!

Now
THAT
would be an
ULTI-MOD!!!

LBD

·
Registered
557 Posts
If you get REALLY cheap, you can use 3" PVC and mount it, I did that for the first center console I ever made for my CR-v. It was all camel suede and a black vinyl top.

I made it to house a 2nd battery in-between the seats.

Same idea, cept mine was crappier looking. (I eventually sharpied in the PVC white to look all fancy.) I since scrapped that whole project and started over.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts