Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I tried to reply to a post but it said I didnt have permission so maybe I need to post a thread first.
Here goes.
check it.. EMT cheap as what + Gobi sweetness = Cheap sweetness
This thing is super strong. I couldn't believe the final product. It can take a cranking of the baddest ratchet strap. It's all one piece, custom bends, and bolts right to the roof, no vibration points. and cheap.
My buddy didn't like the idea of completely ripping off Gobi so we changed the front. and the back bar is 1/4" from the roof so you dont need to put on the Gobi back support brackets and rubber adhesive pad crap. Buy yours today.;-)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
wow... i would rock that. totally impressed. btw how did you support the rear?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
get it? he built it.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Well I tried to reply to a post but it said I didnt have permission so maybe I need to post a thread first.
Here goes.
check it.. EMT cheap as what + Gobi sweetness = Cheap sweetness
This thing is super strong. I couldn't believe the final product. It can take a cranking of the baddest ratchet strap. It's all one piece, custom bends, and bolts right to the roof, no vibration points. and cheap.
My buddy didn't like the idea of completely ripping off Gobi so we changed the front. and the back bar is 1/4" from the roof so you dont need to put on the Gobi back support brackets and rubber adhesive pad crap. Buy yours today.;-)

Pictures wont show.whats the deal? I just added the addresses
I think it has something to with the URL being a httpS instead of just http
I tried to edit the quote to use the

·
Registered
5 Posts
@siclmn- First thing I put on it was a load of dead Christmas trees for a bonfire

MTBecamper77- damn right were going to build a ladder.I love how Gobi already made the wheel, now I have the luxury of modifying the design to my liking. They did a great job. I'm sure there products are tits.
And it didn't hurt that some guy on youtube made a video of the whole installation process for the ladder.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
where do you live?

you guys should work on a true brush bar for the front.. something that doesn't mount to the weak radiator supports

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
PS can we get more pictures of the finished product mounted on the car?

one other question, it looks like you have the front crossbar curved up, and the rear one curved down. any reason for that? just thinking it might make it awkward to put a ski or bike rack up there

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
@murso74- yeah a brush bar has been thought of. I want an easy push bar thats very low profile just under the grill, really just a horizontal bar with some bent ends.
As for the front bar being up, we thought for about 2 beers which way to bend all the bars. In the end after a bit of arguing all the bottoms bent down to make more space like a basket, the mid top bar went down and the top front up to make the top bars have a strait plain for carrying boards or pipe etc., while the overall frame hugs the curve of the roof.

I didn't put in the expanded metal yet like the Gobi has/or the fairing. I have a piece of aluminum for it though. I was in a hurry to just get it up there, also i didn't want to buy any more metal at the time due to the cost of tools for the build.

Here's some more.
My E didn't come with an antenna but it would fit if I had one.

rest of the pictures are in my album

·
Registered
64 Posts
How much? Cant see the images of it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Finally got a gobi! Stoked!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
update

where do you live?

you guys should work on a true brush bar for the front.. something that doesn't mount to the weak radiator supports
So we recycled a ford f150 battering ram to the front of my E today. the front bumper steel on the E is ****. we went ahead and made some support brackets off the chincy steel for ****s and giggles and heres how it came out. it was raining all day so ill get a good picture tomorrow all put together

As for the roof rack I added the expanded metal to the rack awhile back and it looks tits. a couple people have asked about buying one and all I can say is probably $500 without shipping is a fair price. I have no idea how much shipping one of these would cost. The weight is around 50-60 pounds

For a stronger setup we are going to remake the bumper. I dont want to bypass the airbag sensor in case of a front end collision. does anybody know how it works?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
*updated pictures of the rack done*
I tried a wind guard/fairing setup with a couple different pieces of aluminum/plastic/street signs and I didnt like the look so ride it straight bars

1 - 20 of 21 Posts