Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was inspired by another member of this website with the DIY black gutter guard that I purchased at Lowes.

I purchased 3 products as per fellow member ELdabarge did in his Lowes' Grille addon. The only difference is that I put the grilles behind.

1) InvisaFlow Black Metal Lock-In Gutter Guard (Item #: 502138 | Model #: 6360) (Lowes $2.98)
2) The Hillman Group 16-Gauge Dark Annealed Picture Hanging Wire (Lowes - $9.41)
3)Task Force 2-1/4-in Carbon Steel Snips (Item #: 92616 | Model #: TS7) (Lowes $8.58)

Started this is the before.

Popped off the molding. Be careful to remove the clips I needed to pop them off with 2 screen drivers (on on each side of the black post. push in and pop up.)

Cut the grill to size and then dangled from a coat hanger attached to a wire. Did this so i could position it as I dangled it between the radiator and the grille.

Slide it down and then anchored it like a fishing lore so it stayed in place. I did the bottom one first.

See how it looks

Attached the picture wire. I had a lot of trouble with this until i figured out a trick. While the grate is lined up in there push it back a little and take a long piece of wire and bend it in half. Line it up to what your going to secure it to loop it through one of the top X pull through use a pair of ***** and twist and cut. you will be able to figure it out. I learned a lot as I went. Without this tip you probably had an idea what to do. Bottom line you have to secure it.

The top was very similar I secured it the same way.

Close up at the bottom grille. Now that I finished it I know how I can hide the wires better. But whatever I'm pleased.

Top grille finished.

Full frontal

having completed this i just saw a video on how easy it is to remove the bumper. an extra step but needed to hide the wires better. still this took me only 1 hour to complete. http://www.hondaanswers4u.com/vid/element/foglights.html

What do you guys think!

Tomorrow im installing a center console for my DX. Its gonna be great!
Cost me less then $80 and it should be perfect. I like to lean and have right arm support as I drive! I have plenty of mods coming up and I will keep this coming if you want it!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looks great! Nothing feels better than doing it yourself, on the cheap, and being pleased with how it turned out!

·
Premium Member
692 Posts
Nice work!

Great write up and pictures.
Keep those mods coming!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sadly The picture frame wire I used is starting to rust. I spoke to my dad and when it warms up a little im going to put brackets on the inside of the bumper for it. I may just switch them out as I browse the isles of home depot. Well see what happened. For any future installers use black wire ties.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts