Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It didn't take long for me to get tired of my iPod Nano sliding around the dashboard pockets and being difficult to find/access before I decided to mount it somewhere convenient. I looked at the different options online and at local stores, only to discover that they didn't meet my needs/budget.

So I figured I could make something "just for me" on the cheap. And I mean CHEAP!

NEEDS/BUDGET=
1: It needs to be on the drivers side of the dash.
2: Must be easy to access/view
3: Secure
4: Be low profile
5: Within 3' of the AUX input
6: cheap Cheap CHEAP!

So one quick stop at the hardware store to get my supplies....and I'm ready.

STEP 1: Get MP3 player

STEP 2: Attach the "Fuzzy" side of some self adhesive Velcro squares (2) to the back somewhat centered.

STEP 4: Carefully align the "Hook" side w/ the already applied squares on the back of the MP3 unit and press into place.

STEP 5: Press into a predetermined location on the dashboard.

STEP 6: Pull away from dashboard to make sure the adhesive has attached to the daxhboard.

STEP 7: Enjoy!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Lol, nice and easy:D

Looks somewhat great

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hah I tried the same thing with my Zune but it was too heavy and wouldn't stay stuck. I ended up Gorilla Gluing the belt clip piece to the right of the gear shift and it cost equally as much lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
usb port

Has anyone installed a usb port for the mp3 player?

My radio doesn't have a port but I'd like to be able to hear my mp3 player thru the radio speakers.
JGO

·
Registered
24 Posts
cheap and works...nice job! I'm also trying to figure out my ipod options in my newly acquired 2003 EX. Right now, i just have it laying in the tray, plugged into aux and the 12v plug. working just fine.

·
Chief Has Been Element Owner
4,759 Posts
LOL, I like cheap too. But I find it ironic you went that cheap, but use a Monster cable ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts