Honda Element Owners Club banner

41 - 60 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Just the normal beam pattern. When you get out to 150 feet you don't get that much light intensity... but that was to be expected. To my surprise there was still light being projected out that far.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just the normal beam pattern. When you get out to 150 feet you don't get that much light intensity... but that was to be expected. To my surprise there was still light being projected out that far.
What did you use for a shroud? Im going to the hardware store tomorrow to look for stuff and get the necessary mounting hardware.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I attempted to use an Ace Hardware 2" flange which would have probably worked out nicely, but decided against it in the end. It didn't quite slide on easily - really needed a 2 1/4" to clear the metal lens holder if it exists. In the end I just left it bare but painted the entire housing and the base of the projector with BBQ black paint. You can remove the metal on the front and the lens will come off. Taped up the inside and painted the rest. You can't tell unless you get up close and take a look. Head to the forums on www.hidplanet.com and look in their "University" section (I believe) to find a sticky shroud thread. Some people have come up with truly creative ideas.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I attempted to use an Ace Hardware 2" flange which would have probably worked out nicely, but decided against it in the end. It didn't quite slide on easily - really needed a 2 1/4" to clear the metal lens holder if it exists. In the end I just left it bare but painted the entire housing and the base of the projector with BBQ black paint. You can remove the metal on the front and the lens will come off. Taped up the inside and painted the rest. You can't tell unless you get up close and take a look. Head to the forums on www.hidplanet.com and look in their "University" section (I believe) to find a sticky shroud thread. Some people have come up with truly creative ideas.
Thanks, Ive spent lots of time there already. Some of the stuff people come up with is pretty amazing.

Im getting ready to cut up the reflector bowls to fit the new projectors. The TL projectors look so much bigger than the other pictures posted here.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Just to put it out there now, I'll be selling my retrofitted lamps in about 1 month's time for an SC front end conversion. Need a new front bumper and given the situation, I decided to go for the 'newer' look of the SC. I'll post this in the trading section officially when they are out and ready to ship. You can see what they look like on my cardomain page if anyone is interested.

I'll accept offers when they officially go up for sale.

-04'-06' TSX (Lowbeam only) Color-band modded projectors [~110 (ebay)]
--Color band mod causes a blue->red gradient along the cutoff line. Does not affect light output.
-Phillips OEM 85122 D2S HID Bulbs [~90 (www.hidplanet.com)]
-Left/Right headlamp pair - ~320 (pair, Majestic)
---Blacked out housing (High-heat resistant paint)
---Black headlight trim
---Cleared (no amber piece for the turn signal)
-Chrome 7443 turn signal bulbs with mounts included (~10)

Totals to $520 + cost of additional materials. Will ask for $300 for the pair + shipping costs. All you need to get is OEM ballasts and construct a wiring harness to support the system.

·
Registered
55 Posts
or you could just look for JDM Element headlights...

Which have a REAL HID setup. All OEM too! I have 1 pair that I am selling. Look in the "trading post" category of the forums.

They are real OEM Honda headlamps from a Japanese market Element. They have also have clear corner lens, and a "city light" as well. The oem ballast and all bulbs are included.

I was going to use but I lagged on it... and then my lease was up. I figured I'd buy a new E so I can use the lights :grin: ... but now with a baby on the way, we are looking toward a bigger suv... :roll:

Anyway, my point... if you guys can source JDM headlamps, they have HID in them.. and with no cutting/modifying anything... all OEM!

·
Registered
70 Posts
i love this mod, not sure if it has been asked but can amber LED parking/city lights be added rather than just the amber bulb.

had the amber LED city bulb in my european bora (jetta) headlights, and when running them without the HIDs on, it looks fabulous! and of course, bright!

·
Registered
128 Posts
i know this thread its old especially in forum terms but is it possible to bring the pictures back I am interested in doing this mod but would need a little more visual wise. Visual learner here sorry.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
i know this thread its old especially in forum terms but is it possible to bring the pictures back I am interested in doing this mod but would need a little more visual wise. Visual learner here sorry.
I just picked up an element and will be retrofiting infiniti bi xenon projectors. I sourced all the parts and will be doing an install soon. I'll be sure to post a DIY when I do

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Making some progress and its GREAT so far. I'm taking a different approach from the norm. Instead of modifying the reflector buckets to accept the projectors I'm making custom brackets. This effectively pushes the the projector out an additional 1.5" giving better light output. Here's some teaser pics of my progress so far

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
^^Nice! can wait to see them when you're done.

I take it that's your NSX?
Yep, Thats my NSX!

Also finished my lights today!

Projector is pushed out farther giving it the ability to throw light out the sides

Perpendicular shot showing how far the projector is really pushed out.

Before - No lights

After - with HIDS only. Pic was taken with same exposure as the "Before" pic!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Here is mine,
i have the clear lens', projectors and the chrome/amber side signals.
it been like this for the past year or so

p.s. sorry for the dirty E!!! :-(
ill have to wash it and post some new pics asap

41 - 60 of 108 Posts