Honda Element Owners Club banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Eww, I saw you had a post in this thread and thought it might be pics of your completed setup...eagerly awaiting your results. Everyone else's on this thread look great!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Since you moved the projectors closer to the lens, are you concerned about heat causing distortion of the lens? The reason I ask is because someone had issues with blistering on the plastic portion of the projectors, I think it was Racerc2000.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Eww, I saw you had a post in this thread and thought it might be pics of your completed setup...eagerly awaiting your results. Everyone else's on this thread look great!
Nope not yet, I have a lot of things going on and still haven't gotten around to doing my retro yet. When I do finish them I'll be sure to show you guys how they turned out.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
yea that was the reflector inside the projector. supprisingly it was metal and the chrome was the issue?

the H1 version is smaller in diameter but longer. sofar the d2s version is holding up pretty well. you can tell the diff from curved to flat but all in all the output is pretty good for the price.

If down the road I redo my setup it will be a dual projector setup not a single biexenon

and full led blinkers and drl.

as for the heat and the lens. the polycarb lens can take much more heat then the light housing itself. so if it was that hot youde have a housing failure before the lens.

btw. do you have a light output test from the same projector in both normal position and closer to lens? i have literally 3-4 inches projector to lens if not more atm.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Figured I'd pile on, just refitted my 2006 E with bi xenon projectors

Parts List
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=237
Bi-Xenon Morimoto Mini
-- 55w
-- Gatling Gun Shroud
Post install, looks like I'll need an H4 error cancelling harness

I'd rate this medium easy.
Drop the front clip
Pull the lights
Partially dissemble the lights
Put them one at a time in the oven for 7 mins 265F
Pry them open (pull the clips up, use a chisel to work the pieces apart)
Install the projector and shroud
Fit the halves back, put in the over for 7 mins 265F
Push the clips back, let cool
Install and aim before putting the front clip back on
Front clip back on
Drive happy

My high and low beams work... but I always have the high beam indicator on. So I've ordered the extra harness to resolve that.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Magic,

So you don't need to do any cutting to install the Morimoto projectors?
No cutting required.

I did end up doing a CAN-BUS harness. Without it my high beam indicator in the dash was on all of the time. The ebay H4 error cancelling deal did not work.

I also have a CAI and removed the stock resonator and air piping. That leaves a ton of room on the driver's and battery side. I used that space to tuck and tidy up the wiring, relay, and driver's side ballast. Then followed a stock wiring run over to the passenger's side.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm new to this community and the E world. I picked up my 03' E last weekend and the first mod I did was a FX-R retrofit. Took me 12 Hours total minus polishing the headlight, will do that when I get a chance sometime next week or so.

Here's the pic of the FX-R retrofit.

·
Registered
21 Posts
^^Nice job! Welcome.
Thanks. It was a tedious job. Stayed up 12 hours straight to work on it. Got out from work Friday night at 8PM and retrofitting it til 530AM the next morning.

There's alot of learning curve to the E and this forum contains alot of information that I need.

I say, coming from Mini H1 and RX330 w/TSX-R lens projectors. The FX-R 3.0 is by far the best projectors I got, it has a clean and sharp cutoff, plus it gives out more colors that you don't get coming from the Mini H1 and RX330 with TSX-R lens straight out from the box.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Thanks. It was a tedious job. Stayed up 12 hours straight to work on it. Got out from work Friday night at 8PM and retrofitting it til 530AM the next morning.

There's alot of learning curve to the E and this forum contains alot of information that I need.

I say, coming from Mini H1 and RX330 w/TSX-R lens projectors. The FX-R 3.0 is by far the best projectors I got, it has a clean and sharp cutoff, plus it gives out more colors that you don't get coming from the Mini H1 and RX330 with TSX-R lens straight out from the box.
You're welcome. :) If you get a chance after you polish your lenses, how about posting some nights shots? I'm sure we'd all love to see them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I installed my fogs today on the E.

I took some night shots of the FX-R, please excuse my cell phone pictures...pictures doesn't do it justice.

Cut-off: You get the Purple and Cyan above the cut-off

·
Registered
523 Posts
I want to do this so bad but am very intimidated by it. Is Racer2k the only one to do this with an SC? I think I bounced around hidplanet a few years ago, might have to check back over there. Went through this whole thread and really like what everyone has done, good work!

·
Registered
21 Posts
This mod takes alot of time and patients, but anyone can do it. Its not a one day event, if you have an extra pair of headlamps you can take your time doing the retro.

Racer2k used the Mini Morimoto D2S projectors, which doesnt require cutting the housing to put the projectors on.

I used the Mini Morimoto projectors before on my previous vehicles and I don't have to do any cutting on the housing. Maybe you should ask Racer2k to see if cutting require on the SC housing.

61 - 80 of 108 Posts