Honda Element Owners Club banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
some guys on hidplanet thought the SC projectors looked a lot like the TSX ones and were the same as the non-HD projector in another car (will have to dig around for which Acura/Honda model they referred to). Would love for it to be just a simple swap. I'd rather than get a spare set of lights mostly due to the cost but it might be an option to do that and then retrofit the 2nd set and sell them too.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just thought I'd chime in with my project. I'm following Bright Light Tech's fabulous idea of making mdf brackets. Ive retro fitted a few different lights and hate dremeling the reflector buckets so just taking them out seems like a better option.

Things I already have:
FXR
Morimoto 35w ballasts
Morimoto 5k D2S bulbs
Possibly a useable wiring harness

Things I need:
Shroud
Possibly a wiring harness
Spare set of headlights for inspection purposes

Cant wait to start but I need some warmer weather

·
Registered
21 Posts
You definitely need a wiring harness, should pick the Bi-Xenon Gold MotoControl wiring harness from TRS...

Good Luck with the Project, you'll love the FX-R...

·
Registered
145 Posts
You definitely need a wiring harness, should pick the Bi-Xenon Gold MotoControl wiring harness from TRS...

Good Luck with the Project, you'll love the FX-R...
Well I already have a 9006 wiring harness from a previous install. I maybe be able to retool that....but Im thinking about just getting another one since I need the shrouds anyways..

I have some pics of the output from my fxr's in a different housing...Ill post in a bit

·
Registered
145 Posts
Going to be ordering my parts from TRS...here's what I'm getting:

BI-XENON: 'MOTOCONTROL 9003/H4/HB2
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=14027

PANAMERA Shrouds
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=4547

MORIMOTO XBALED ANGEL EYES 120mm
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=14906

9006 Male Plugs
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=255

I already have the FXR's, bulbs, and ballasts

Heres what it should look like when done:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Just ordered the parts and Im looking forward to the build.
I've watched a few videos on the web, but it would be great if you could detail your build. I've cleared my lights, so cracking open the housing doesn't make me sweat. Trimming plastic, aligning the lamp and using hot glue as a method to secure it all seems difficult and fraught with potential for trashing things!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've watched a few videos on the web, but it would be great if you could detail your build. I've cleared my lights, so cracking open the housing doesn't make me sweat. Trimming plastic, aligning the lamp and using hot glue as a method to secure it all seems difficult and fraught with potential for trashing things!
That I can do. I've done 2 other retrofits using different methods (had to redo one a few times and eventually gave up). Based on the shape of the element housing, I have a feeling this will be an easier retro but with more fabrication. I am completely removing the headlight reflector rather than trimming it. I am fabbing my own mounting brackets allowing for adjustment of rotation and pitch. I have my template for the fxr silhouette made and I just need to get the template for the back of the headlight headlight. Luckily I have a 3rd car so I can take my time.

During the build I'll take pictures detailing the build and maybe some video.

·
Registered
405 Posts
During the build I'll take pictures detailing the build and maybe some video.
Awesome! Maybe you can also detail how you remove the reflector if you don't mind.

While you are here and the topic is appropriate, how much better is the FXR projector (which I read everywhere requires quite a bit of fabrication to mount) vs. the Morimoto Mini (which is easy to mount in comparison)?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Well the morimoto is good. I have the h1 version in my fit but the beam width and intensity go to the fxr. The fxr also displays more color. It does require fabrication though. If I had it to do over, I'd probably go with the d2s morimoto though.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Just got Retrofits From Ebay Very Pricy

Got some retrofits from EBay , Very Pricy, and very bad made halos fell of in the first month :x, seller didnt want to fix them:evil: , so i tried opening them, then i just found a friend that did his, and he fixed it, all am saying is if there is someone Here that makes them and chargers a fair labor to put them together will be awesome,, :-D

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
For first time retrofitters with an ease of installation. I would recommend getting the MH1 V6.0 from TRS, it requires no dremels or cutting on the element headlamps.

All you have to do is take the headlamps off and bake the headlamps to get the lens off to install the projectors.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/product_info.php?products_id=227

This sounds like something I could easily do... Are there wiring instructions or should I look to that other retrofit forum? I have more research to do I know that much.

Another question about Halos- what diameter do people get/will look proper?

Assuming 70mm halo is a good size, would this all be ok? Thank you :

Attachments

·
Registered
344 Posts
Bi-xenon morimoto mini stage iii kit (h1) 5000k gatling shroud. Don't know what took me so long.. Actually I do, the cost! Yeesh.. I had a headlight out and some extra funds burning a hole in my pocket :razz: Few photos to add to this awesome thread! Installed/polished lens/aimed/cleaned up tie wrapping cables :food004:

I now light up the night great and its aimed properly so im not too concerned about blinding oncoming traffic.

The kit is great, easy, instructions, and plenty of install videos online (So, plenty of time to do your reading and research the process while you wait for the delivery:-D)

Attachments

81 - 100 of 108 Posts