Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering it would cost less than 1/2 as much to order online and do it myself over having a pro do it I'm considering doing it myself again. This cause a couple concerns…

Is the element-j site gone for good? There was some useful info there but I didn't print it when I first considered this. (Wrecked my bike and been laid up.)

If I put in a 60x4 RMS amp do I really need to replace the speaker wire with something a little beefier? Anyone done that to an Element? How hard is it in the Element? I haven't found any detailed instructions for disassembling everything to snake the wires. Last time I did this the speakers were not in the doors so I didn't need to get the wires there.

Is there enough room to get through the fire wall somewhere without drilling a new hole for the amp power cord?

Are there any sites with the Honda instructions for doing these things?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cool site element-j. Your site was one of the references I used in my install. I did, however, made a variation in the tweeter install process. Instead of prying the rubber to expose a grip on the pillar, I pulled the rubber off of the frame exposing the pillar. It makes the reinstallation of the pillar easier since you wouldn't have to struggle trying to get the plastic under the rubber. You would just reinstall the plastic, then push the rubber back into place, covering the plastic back up. I hope that made sense.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, couldn't figure out how to get the column open and didn't want to risk breaking it if there were insstructions availanle.

Need to hard wire my radar detector at the same time...

·
Registered
15 Posts
mb,
When I installed my speakers and hu I also laid down new speaker wire. The stock is like 20-22ga, really small. I used 12ga wires. The following are a few more references I used in determining how to take apart the element:
http://www.handa-accessories.com/element/elementcdchanger.pdf
http://www.handa-accessories.com/element/elementdxtuner.pdf
They do not cover all the necessary info, you'll just have to be creative. Like for how you would run new speaker wire to the doors. You can pull the rear wall panels enough to run the wires along the existing wires. I used zip-ties to keep the new wires in place. The hardest part was getting the wires through the rubber sleeves connecting the doors. Again, creativity helps/ A little rubber/vinyl/plastic safe lube helped too. Lastly, I had to take the door panels off to mod the hole for the new speakers. I installed Infinity Kappa 60.5 comps in the front and 62.5 coax in the rear. The baskets were big and they wouldn't fit without removing the entire speaker rain guard/cover.

My next project would be to install amps and a sub.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.