Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
I dont know anything about that brand but I've been down that road with fancy bulbs and its just not worth it for the most part. They are brighter but they burn out in about 6 months in my experiance. If your dodging deer every night because you live in a rural area then you can justify the cost but if you live in a city with street lights I'd say just get the cheap ones that will last for years. Also those expensive ones if you can get them to last dim after a while and are the same as the normal bulbs. Not trying to be rude or anything just wanted to share my experiance with everyone so you dont waste $100 or more like I did!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
good point ryland...

I picked up a set of Philips bulbs at Meijer for $20 a pair. They are the slightly higher wattage bulb that claims up to an extra 50 feet of light. I can tell a difference in them from stock which are also made by Philips on my E. Not sure if Honda switches suppliers or not. I figured at those prices I could afford to try the extra wattage and if they burn out faster I will just switch back. My stock bulbs have lasted almost 5 years and 80k miles.

I chose against the HID look bulbs because those are just tinted blue, not really true HID lighting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts