Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am back on the E-hunt now that SC prices are about equal to my Accord's value.

Did the SC's have HID headlights, or was it optional? There are about 6-8 SC's close to me and I need to brush up on the details so I know what I'm looking for/at.

Thank you,
Doug

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
No, an Element has never come with HIDs. The lights in the SC are instead Halogen Headlights with a better reflector than the standard Element. They are pretty much the better headlight that Honda puts into the Pilot and Ridgeline. Honda only puts HIDs into the Acura lineup, except for the S2k which has HIDs. That's one of the things that distinguishes Honda from Acura vehicles.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, I was going off memory of Honda advertising a few years ago, I thought HIDs were an option.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I bought HID's off ebay for $65.00 a year ago and they work fine, mount and plug in 5 minutes. Just an Idea.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Real HIDs?

I ponied up and bought the real Phillips HID kit for my SC a month after I brought it home. It wasn't $65 that's for sure, but it's an actual HID kit that looks amazing and has an excellent cutoff. Link to my install is below:

How to for HID install on '08 SC

All the best and happy shopping!

·
Registered
523 Posts
I ponied up and bought the real Phillips HID kit for my SC a month after I brought it home. It wasn't $65 that's for sure, but it's an actual HID kit that looks amazing and has an excellent cutoff. Link to my install is below:

How to for HID install on '08 SC

All the best and happy shopping!
Excellent cutoff? That cut-off is awful. Huge amounts of glare and a giant hot spot are not good. You paid way to much for that too. You could have done a retrofit for the same or less.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I put in some cheapo HID's when I first got my SC. Neat looking but the ones I had were unreliable..had to flip the lights on 2 times to get them both on most of the time. Eventually one stopped working all together so I put the stock bulbs back in. It was "cool" while it lasted.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Excellent cutoff? That cut-off is awful. Huge amounts of glare and a giant hot spot are not good. You paid way to much for that too. You could have done a retrofit for the same or less.
I think they are pretty darn good compared to some other drop in's I've seen; not perfect of course but not bad compared to non HID projector housings w/ HID drop ins. It looks like w/ the SC housings; they actually have a cut off rather than just blasting all over the road.

Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
It's not so much the top cut off that blinds the crap out of oncoming traffic. It's the light that gets blasted uncontrollably to the sides.

So all those pictures with the nice crisp line along the top, that's all fine and good, but doesn't mean squat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts