Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wonder if folks with replaced windshields are having FEWER issues of cracks/chips on the replacement one.

My dealer is assuring me that stuff they used to seal the windshield is what caused the problem, and that replacement windshields are 'fixed'.

Any real world experiences to back that up?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey there, I had Autolite come out to my work and replace my windshield. I showed the guy the TSB and was bummed when he said he wouldn't be able to level out any 'high spots on the flange' if he saw any. That seems to be caused the problem in the first place!!

When he finished, however, he left me a note stating that everything looked just fine. Not sure if I took it by Honda if they would be able to take the glass out and check the flange(?) for me.

Anyway, it's been 2 weeks and all is fine. I wasn't sure if they would install a 'generic' windshield, but turns out they ordered the windshield from a dealership. Not sure whether to be happy about that or not :? ??!!

Good luck, Chooch

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
When my windshield was replaced it was done by a company that my insurance agent contracted (dealer quoted my agent $100 more) at the time that my windshield was replaced the only one available was Honda (I am not sure if this changed yet or not).

As far as Honda taking out your windshield to check the service bulletin....no dice....at least I couldn't get my dealer to do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts