Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, first time Element buyer here, can't wait to get one but just wanted to ask you guys for some advice.

We are buying one as a second car and general utility vehicle so it won't do a huge amount of miles. However my wife wants 2007 onwards and AWD for safety reasons.

I'm looking at these two options. Both seem to be in good condition for their age.

2007 EX, awd, auto, clean title, 178k, 30+ carfax records. $6000

2007 LX, awd, auto, clean title, 140k, 20 carfax records. $5900

Are these good prices? Is there any significant difference between the EX and LX?

Thanks!

·
Registered
83 Posts
They look like average deals (at best) to me in terms of price, but the crucial part is structure (underneath). Wide range of conditions can be seen depending on where the cars have lived (snow/salt vs. no snow/salt).

Take a look at the Trending Discussion section on the front page of the site where differences between LX and EX between '03 and '08.

·
Registered
573 Posts
The prices seem to be a little on the high side, but not outrageous. You can always wheel & deal the seller down on the asking price, so have at it!

Are some accurate Maintenance records included with the Carfax records? You'll want to know, because both are considered low mileage if they were properly maintained. But without proper maintenance, things can get questionable at that mileage.

If you are getting an automatic trans, a 2007 or later is better because their transmissions have 5 speeds forward (versus 4 speeds on the 2006 and earlier) which should help a little on highway mileage.

The EX models have several features (like an excellent factory sound system) that the LX models are lacking; so keep that in mind too.

Get a trusted mechanic to do a thorough inspection (on a lift, wheels off, etc.) before you buy one. Around here a shop would charge $50 - 75 for that service, and that's cheap insurance against some hidden problems. If the seller objects to this, then keep searching!

I wish you well! : - )

·
Registered
21 Posts
Depends on where you live. Those are pretty good deals in CA. Asking price for those you listed are around $7-9K here. I'm looking too. Crazy prices out here! Almost worth getting into business buying in other states then bringing here to sell.:unsure:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts