Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed one evening when hub had his maplight on that it would dim now and then. And once the maplight was off, I noticed the headlights doing it too. Does anyone else notice it?? Any insight on what it might be? My guesses are either the fan or transmission. *shrug* Feedback please!!

Angie :D

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
[quote:e75ef1c462="angiebanana"]I noticed one evening when hub had his maplight on that it would dim now and then. And once the maplight was off, I noticed the headlights doing it too. Does anyone else notice it?? Any insight on what it might be? My guesses are either the fan or transmission. *shrug* Feedback please!!

Angie :D[/quote:e75ef1c462]

did you have the A/C on? when the A/C cycles on, it's a heavy strain on the alternator and electrical system so everything will dim a bit.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've got a '98 Accord that does some of the same things. It isn't unusual. I notice my headlights dimming just slightly if I check to see if a couple of the windows are up with the PW switches - just a slight additional draw on the output of the alternator. Not to worry! But for the heck of it, see what sort of creative story your dealer has when you next bring it into them and tell them about it!

·
Registered
957 Posts
The dimming is normal - your alternator is just adjusting to deliver more current to various electrical loads.

Unless you're running a couple of 1000 watt amplifiers and your headlights are dimming to the music beat a slight temporary dim when initally turning on an accessory like AC or a power window is completely normal and happens with 99% of cars out there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
My 2000 civic did it too. It was actually kind of fun to play with it. I would tell people I hooked up my power windows to my headlights! :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, the a/c was'nt on...and I havent added any additional subwoofers...the one from the factory install will be all this chickie needs!

It must just be something it does then. I'm not too worried. Just thought I'd ask and see what kinda input I get back. ;) Thanks!

Angie :D

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
the lights still might dim when the radiator fan cycles on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts