Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am kicking around the idea of doing a couple one off interior buildouts (platform bed, pullout drawers, sink, etc..) A big part of my day job is CADCAM and I have access to a CNC router in my off time. If I do a buildout I will plan everything in CAD cut most of the components on the CNC. My OCD will encourage me to measure out and create a full 3D model of the Element's interior (I wouldn't want to waste any space or have something come out to big to fit).

Before I get going though - does anyone have a 3D model? I'd be shocked in this hasnt been done before. Although Im sure its usually private mod companies who wouldnt share the drawings.

So if anyone knows of an existing model, let me know.

If/when I make a 3D CAD model I will share it for free with the community. I will likely model it in Fusion360 but will be able to export to most common formats (sat, step, 3dwg, etc...)

Assuming I don't acquire a 3D model I will start with the dims shared by ramblerdan in this thread and work them into a model like this one or this one

·
Registered
154 Posts
I haven't seen any technical 3D models done of the Element. I had the same idea and was able to source an OBJ of the exterior and matched it up to the correct real-world exterior dimensions. It doesn't have an interior. I'm not an engineer, so I don't have CAD experience, but I'm doing a 3D model in Maya for my interior build out. I'd love to see what you come up with though!

·
Registered
154 Posts
If you want me to shoot you what I have, let me know! It's currently in Maya, but I can export it to a few different formats. It's a rather high-poly model, and some of the details are muddy, but it's the best one I was able to source for free.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes! I would very much appreciate that.

Will you email kip dot kirol at gmail dot com?

Also I will certainly share my work with you.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Were you able to complete your project? If you are willing to share the completed interior I would like a copy of the file. [email protected]

Hello,

I am kicking around the idea of doing a couple one off interior buildouts (platform bed, pullout drawers, sink, etc..) A big part of my day job is CADCAM and I have access to a CNC router in my off time. If I do a buildout I will plan everything in CAD cut most of the components on the CNC. My OCD will encourage me to measure out and create a full 3D model of the Element's interior (I wouldn't want to waste any space or have something come out to big to fit).

Before I get going though - does anyone have a 3D model? I'd be shocked in this hasnt been done before. Although Im sure its usually private mod companies who wouldnt share the drawings.

So if anyone knows of an existing model, let me know.

If/when I make a 3D CAD model I will share it for free with the community. I will likely model it in Fusion360 but will be able to export to most common formats (sat, step, 3dwg, etc...)

Assuming I don't acquire a 3D model I will start with the dims shared by ramblerdan in this thread and work them into a model like this one or this one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts