Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in purchasing a bluetooth hands free car kit. Anyone have one?How much was it? Thoughts on which one to get. I like the one that clips to the rear view. Let me know!

iheartELEMENT :p

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
I have a Parrot 3200 LS-Color installed in my E. It is fully incorporated into the audio system. It mutes the radio and uses the front speakers.

I've had it installed for a couple of years now, and haven't had any problems with it at all. It was right at $250.00 back then, but I'm sure you can get it for less now.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I have the Pioneer DEH-P7900BT head unit. About $250 installed, and includes tons of nifty features as well....

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have the Motorola T605.

http://www.store.motorola.com/mot/en/US/adirect/motorola?cmd=catProductDetail

I am very happy with it. It has worked well. If I were buying right now though
I would go with a new head unit that has Bluetooth integrated. At the time I was buying there were not that many head units available. The ones that were available were expensive. Now there is more selection. It looks like Pioneer and Sony have decent choices.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
i have a Parrot that clips to the sun visor. it was ~$60. i've been happy w/ it. i charge it at home and it's good for at least a week in the vehicle. moving it from vehicle to vehicle is easy.
but it is a big black blob on the sun visor. i never use the sun visor, so it's no big deal. i've had it for about a year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have the Motorola T505. Volume from the built-in speaker can be weak, but callers have never complained about hearing me on their end. Also, routing the coiled power cord to the CLA is annoying, unless you remove the unit from the visor to charge it. Of course, you can always mod power through the headliner. The FM transmitter is very good to route calls through the speakers if you choose to use it, but this is only useful if you are using your phone's media player through the stereo system. You cannot use the T505's FM transmitter while listening to the Element's stereo (radio tuner, cds, etc.) simultaneously.

Otherwise, it’s a good value (about $80) if you simply want to satisfy your jurisdiction’s hands-free laws without wearing a headset. Not as convenient as a Parrot, but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've had a Blue Ant Supertooth 3 since late summer that I currently use in my Accord. It works pretty well, and there don't seem to be any problems hearing (it has its own speaker and built-in mike). The battery runs low in about a week if it's left on (that could be the cold weather, too); it recharges pretty quickly. However, it clips onto the visor, not the rear-view mirror. I think it was less than $100 at the Verizon store (got it as part of a deal with a new phone).

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm interested in purchasing a bluetooth hands free car kit. Anyone have one?How much was it? Thoughts on which one to get. I like the one that clips to the rear view. Let me know!

iheartELEMENT :p
I have the BlueAnt Supertooth 3 which clips to your sunvisor. Around $90 or less from Amazon. Here is why this is the best option:

1) Includes an AC Adapter for charging in the HOME (and a car charger). Most don't include a home charger, so they expect you to try and recharge it in your car for a few hours! Yeah, right! Also, can't plug it in when it is attached to your visor with a cord in your face. Gives voice prompt of Low Battery when recharging needed.

2) The sunvisor clip is NOT attached to the unit. The unit attaches to the clip by magnets. Two clips are included for use in two cars. Very easy to move it from car to car, or to bring it into the house for recharging. Can really be used anywhere for a speakerphone.

3) Automatically turns on by sensing movement and vibration of getting into your car and closing the door, and automatically reconnects to your phone with a voice prompt, "Connected to phone." Automatically turns off when you leave the car and go out of range. No more forgetting to turn it on (or off) and receiving a call but not able to turn it on fast enough and reconnect to use the device for the incoming call.

4) If compatible, your phonebook can be downloaded into the device so calls are announced by name (caller ID). If not in your phonebook, calls announced by number.

5) Buttons are illuminated, and not in an annoying way at night. Green button to answer, red to disconnect. Doesn't distract your driving at night.

6) Fully compatible with the iPhone, including the contact list downloaded to the device.

7) Great sound quality for a phone call.

I had a Moto T305 and I always forgot to turn it on or off, so either it was dead, or I could never get it on fast enough for it to intercept the incoming call. Also the blue light blinking on the Moto was too big and too bright and was annoying at night. Also, the Moto T305 worked great with the Razr V3, but noisy with the iPhone. Bluetooth isn't perfect.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts